Samsung Launches Super Slim Watch Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
This is exclusively for people who are TRYING to be tech dorks. No real geek can actually WANT one of these things for anything other than to say they have one. Otherwise, you are really far gone... Just saying.

zambutu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
does it tell time too then? would you plug yourself in whenever the batteries died or just give up your timepiece for a time. Pick me up Kit.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I am sure we will see more of these soon enough. It's really a convenient way of having everything with you, though making a phone call really still needs you to remember the Bluetooth earpiece. So from that perspective it's not any different than having a separate phone. I wonder what battery life would be for such a tiny device.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i like that the slideshow pix show my personal choice for a fone.. the samsung blackjack!

and no, i wouldn't want a phone on my wrist as my watch takes a beating daily as it is. i couldn't imagine this would fare any better and at 600 bux... um... pass!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
How is this better than putting my current phone in my pocket, a bluetooth in my ear, and wearing a speedmaster on my wrist?

That way a I can make calls and still try and look as cool as James Bond.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I actually really like the idea of this. Getting rid of my cell phone would give my pockets more room for a future Zune HD. And it would be nice to have a wrist watch again instead of pulling out a cell phone to just check the time. I just don't want to pay 600 Euros for it... I might be willing to go as high as 50 USD.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
might be difficult to charge that thing while driving... and sipping on a starbucks... and talking... and eating a cheeseburger... and applying make-up... and...

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This would be awesome if I could have multiple devices with the same phone #. If I knew I was going into a situation where the screen could get scratched I would leave it behind and take my pocket phone instead. If I'm just going to work, I don't need my pocket phone if I'm wearing this. Of course, cell phone companies would never allow the functionality you get with a land line when they can charge extra forcing you to use separate lines.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
If it had a workable speakerphone it could be cool. I guess I'm not in the norm as I think a bluetooth headset is about as tech dork as you can look.

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
nelson_nel - A geek is a geek man. I am proud to say I am a techie/geek.

As for the product. I think its pretty neat concept. I remember the pager watches long ago. I would actually wear one just because it would mean me not losing my cellphone or dropping it and not having to put it in my pocket.

I disagree with the charging comment. If you charge your phone nightly then you wont have to worry about running out of juice.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Well, I wouldn't mind having one thing less in my pocket and it would work great for calls in my car (bluetooth stereo interface) but I can't see myself walking around with a bluetooth headset making calls and being that guy (the guy that you can't tell if he's talking to you and why its sounds like he's in the middle of a conversation with you that you only just became aware of because he was staring at you while talking [and his headset is on the other side of his head that you can't see]) I hate it when that happens! I feel kinda funny when a stranger asks me what I'm doing later...

cablechewer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I never forget my watch, but I frequently forget my cell phone. When this comes down in price to $100 I might be interested. Besides by the times that happens I am sure the battery in one of these will last as long as any other phone we have today and it will hold 64GB of music :)

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Nothing but a fad. Looks cool, but you always have to have your headset by your side (or stuck in your ear). I use a headset in the car, but I would really hate to always have to have it on me. And what if you forget to charge your headset? Then I guess your watch phone would ring, but you cannot pick up the call. Also, I have a really nice Omega watch and I would not be able to wear it if I have this James Bond thingy.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
is it going to heat up? I dont know about you guys but my phone gets hot after i use it for a while and its plastic but this is stainless steel and its on my wrist.

jhaws1001

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
It may be cheaper in the long run to buy one of these and an ipod touch. One device in the pocket with wifi, cell phone on the wrist! NO data plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.