Samsung LED Picture, no Sound.

Kcbel_71

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I recently started having a problem with the sound from my Samsung U55C6300 LED TV. Specifically while connected to a fibre optic cable receiver, I have a great picture but no sound. I went multiple years with this same set-up and then one day after a power outage I started experiencing problems.
I have been through all of my sound options on both the cable receiver and the TV and can’t see/find anything that needs to be changed. I have tried multiple HDMI cables with the same issue. I have tried plugging the cable receiver into the same HDMI cable that my xbox one is using (with sound), and still experience no sound. I have also done a direct swap of cable receiver “A” to another TV/room, and the sound works. Similarly, cable receiver “B” from the second room experiences the no sound issue when I plug into my Samsung TV.
I have also tried adding an optical audio wire in conjunction with HDMI and still have the no sound issue. Lastly, I entered the service technician screen on TV start-up and did a factory reset – unfortunately no avail.
My xbox one (via HDMI), Wii (AV+ Audio cables) all USB Media port all work fine.
It’s clearly not the cable box, not the HDMI ports nor the HDMI cable – it has to be some sort of setting on the TV itself.
Any ideas? Please help before I become an expert lip reader.

Solution
If you have tried hooking an an external speaker system or sound system or receiver and nothing, ur done all you can.

Your last resort, other than buying a new TV, is to hookup all your external players' audio DIRECTLY to the receiver, via optical or RCA, assuming you have the correct jacks and enough of them. That way you are taking away the audio responsibility from the TV. Is a free deal if you can make it work.
If you have tried hooking an an external speaker system or sound system or receiver and nothing, ur done all you can.

Your last resort, other than buying a new TV, is to hookup all your external players' audio DIRECTLY to the receiver, via optical or RCA, assuming you have the correct jacks and enough of them. That way you are taking away the audio responsibility from the TV. Is a free deal if you can make it work.

Solution