Samsung NC20 Netbook Leaked; VIA Nano CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekkamanraiden

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Kinda think a larger netbook kinda defeats the purpose of a netbook. With a 12" screen and being priced at $650, you might as well buy a full size laptop. That way you at least have a built-in optical drive.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I want to know what the screen resolution is. The 600 wide of standard netbooks is just too small to have 2 Word pages side by side, rendering it useless for many folks, who otherwise love the formfactor. By having a more traditional screen size, could it have a more traditional resolution?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Seems like a nice machine for users who do alot of business travel. No optical drive? Meh, corporate users don't install software from DVD media anyway... I haven't used a CD or DVD disk in a machine in years. Seems as lightweight and small as possible, before you hit a point where size actually destroys functionality (I hate 10" netbooks, due to the baby size keyboard and horrible screen res+size).

Overall, interesting machine. I wonder how the 1.3 GHz Via Nano U225 processor performs.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i agree, 12inches is quite far end of the netbook market though i like the huge HDD they put on this one, quite too big actually.
also think using an intel atom is cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.