Samsung NP300E5C-A01TR Randomly ShutDown After CPU Upgrade

BatuhanK

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Originally it has Celeron B815 (1,60 GHz, 2 MB) cpu and i upgraded to i5-3230M (3,20 GHz, 3 MB). First everything seems work normal, i upgraded to latest bios P05RAJ, but the notebook started to shut down randomly, i renewed the thermal compound, i am controlling the cpu heat and it is not near to shut down temperature, as i know the motherboard is compatible with this cpu and higher, i tried the bios before this one too P04RAJ, what can be the problem?

Solution
The root cause may actually be the motherboard - the only other user having the same problem seems to have encountered a compatibility issue with the motherboard in his system when he was doing the same thing. Is the motherboard in your laptop compatible with the CPU itself?

-JP

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
The root cause may actually be the motherboard - the only other user having the same problem seems to have encountered a compatibility issue with the motherboard in his system when he was doing the same thing. Is the motherboard in your laptop compatible with the CPU itself?

-JP

Solution