Samsung np470r5e-k01ub-15 compatibility with external gpu beast? + be used without an external display

deadhands

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
I haven't had much luck looking around on my own, so I've made an account to ask this, and I hope this is the correct thread.

Short version: My samsung cannot meet my gaming needs. Has anyone with this specific model or similar model of samsung laptop had success using the external gpu beast as a hardware aid, as well as without needing to use an external display? And no, I am unable to create a gaming desktop instead.

Long version to reduce investigative answers:

My samsung is struggling to keep up with online gaming, specifically Overwatch. It runs around 16-22 fps at best, and freezes/staggers at worst, even with lowest settings and a couple of .doc rewrites.

I am unable to make myself a desktop to alleviate this problem due to the nature of my college to home migrations, and was hoping the EXP GDC V7.0 Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock would be a solution since I could bring it with me in a bag while making the trip to and from college state and home state.

Thanks in advance

The EXP GDC Beast is featured on this web site:

http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

According to the presentation, it will support 'internal use' - i.e. laptop-only. But, at the bottom of the page there's a list of tested brands and models, and your Samsung (or any Samsung) is NOT on the list.

And while it's supposedly compatible with Windows XP up to Windows 8.1, the same list only shows tests on Windows XP and 7. And it makes no mention of Windows 10.

Also do take the time to read some of the user reviews - they seem rather mixed.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.