samsung np700z5c won't boot

make_me_bad27

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
So I installed windows via USB once and since then my laptop required the USB stick that I used plugged in in order to boot.
Today the USB stick broke and now my laptop won't boot.
Seems like a boot loop, boots up and goes to a black screen just to boot itself again and then asks me to chose a bootable device from which I can chose my HDD or my USB stick and even after pressing both of those options it just closes and opens the dialog box again.

dangus

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
sounds like windows installed the recovery partition (or the actual OS itself) somewhere other than your main OS drive. access the bios and try installing again. make sure you select the right storage device and unplug any/all other storage devices while installing.

make_me_bad27

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

I can't install windows, you see, my cd drive is broken and the only way for me to install it would be through a flash drive.
The flash drive and HDD pop up in the bootable devices menu, but evertime I choose one of the options listed the process repeats itself.

make_me_bad27

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from make_me_bad27 : "samsung np700z5c won't boot w/video"

So I installed windows via USB once and since then my laptop required the USB stick that I used plugged in in order to boot.
Recently the USB stick broke and now my laptop won't boot.
Seems like a boot loop, boots up and goes to a black screen just to boot itself again and then asks me to chose a bootable device from which I can chose my HDD or my USB stick and even after pressing both of those options it just closes and opens the dialog box again.
Please watch this video.