Samsung Pay Makes Galaxy S6 a Better Mobile Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldfish78

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
What a stupid move, who wants a metal phone just to put a plastic cover on it anyway... Focus in the practical use, removable battery, sd card slot, water resistance are way better options on having a metal finish if that why they dish the previus benefits.. The new design is beatiful i'll give you that the edge is very nice but there no reazon to eliminate or to step back from what you already offer o stablish in my opinion this is a monkey see monkey do, not a very welcome to the bunch S6 go and sit with your cousin the iphone 6.

Purple_nz

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
Battery is a deal breaker. I go through up to 3 a day with work and cant waste 30 minutes waiting to charge phone. Storage isn't a bother for me as most of my files are in cloud storage anyway

bobouistic

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
My greatest loves about samsung were removeable battery and memcard slot, atleast I can still share my photos and songs freely, otherwise I dont think I will continue waiting for the note 5, I will just get the note 4. Its such a cool phone and at the same time such a let down, they should atleast return the memcard slot soon and create a new way to seal the back so that we can have the battery back, maybe a cover with rubber edges that slot in and seal off the back

mhf66

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
I have a Note 4 after owning a Note 3. Both had 64 GB microSD cards. I had to replace the battery of the Note 3 once. When a sealed in battery fails, it can take a couple of weeks to replace and all my data may be at risk during transit and during repair time. I put a protective cover on the phone and a glass screen protector on the front. All this to protect the phone effectively so when trade-in time comes, there are not dings dents or scratches which saves lots of value. I don't care much about all the nice metal sides... I care about functionality. The new S6 looses a lot of functionality for the sake of "good design".

Samsung as well as Apple and others miss the essential core credo of good design: "FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION" Get the function correct and let the form reflect that. What Samsung did here was forget that credo and went for restricting function because of good looks. I've been an industrial designer and I find that good design always factors in all the facets of function first and then elicits the creativity of the designer to follow through and make it all work in the best way possible. Samsung failed on this one, big time, by being a copy cat and bending to the wishes of people who never had to deal with all the trade-offs of design. Critics often don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

menglor

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Yup, Replaceable Battery and Micro SD card is the #2 and #3 reason I buy Samsung. (screensize being number#1)

I am looking at the Note 5 for the fall, upgrading from my Note 3.

probably wont upgrade if they mess with the features like that.

joe wilson

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
iPhone customers who are used to have no freedoms at all, will now at least get better hardware for the money... hope they are smart enough to pick the S6... Hope S5 critics are satisfied with the aftermath.... you wanted it.. you got it guys...pity so many regular people fell for the bad press.

Rocdred

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
I have an original Galaxy, and a pair of 3's and a s5 and all of them look new. I get a glass overlay, and a Seidio case and it never leaves the case, so the point of metal back has no purpose for me other than to get to the battery and sd card.

Time to buy a few S5's as spares. They will get cheap enough you could simply use it to keep a spare battery charged.. lol.. And if the operating phone dies, but can charge, you already have a phone ready to transfer to. ! All without giving Samsung money for new product sales. Money Talks .. BS WALKS.. If we don't buy it, they will have to fix their terrible decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.