Samsung Reveals Galaxy Devices Jelly Bean Update Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I just want friggin ICS on my Strat. Though, they pretty much gave us Strat users the middle finger with the release of the Stratosphere 2.

Lots of phones get the middle finger sadly. My phone is more powerful than the Galaxy Music they are releasing, yet it's stuck on GB and that device comes out with JB with a measly 800mhz cpu.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hey Zak, your title is very misleading....

Samsung Reveals Galaxy Devices Jelly Bean Update Schedule

Not all of the "Galaxy" devices are being updated, like my Galaxy Stellar....which Samsung seems to have already stopped supporting, even though it was just released in September.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Zak, your title is a bit misleading.... Samsung is only updating a select few Galaxy devices...
Devices like my Galaxy Stellar, aren't being updated as implied by your article title.... Hell, the phones appears to be unsupported by Samsung already....

G

GT-N7000 Galaxy Note -- Jelly Bean 01.03.2012

Note started Jelly Bean one year ago!!

G

Damn took you long enough for Jelly for the original Galaxy Note Sammy!! Still have to wait 3 more weeks.

G

Some of you are buying crappy low end phones, the stellar and and stratosphere...never heard of those. Try getting a phone next time with a long support life cycle, its obvious which ones those are. The Galaxy S3, the Note 1 & 2. Just update your phone every year like me is another option if you dont like your update cycle or lack of.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
When the heck is the Galaxy Nexus going to get the 4.2 update, we were supposed to get it around November/December but it still hasn't shown up; yet Samsung seems to have no problem letting people know when their other phones are getting updates!

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]When the heck is the Galaxy Nexus going to get the 4.2 update, we were supposed to get it around November/December but it still hasn't shown up; yet Samsung seems to have no problem letting people know when their other phones are getting updates![/citation]

Do you not know how Nexus updates work?

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Nice to see the S2 on here, though who knows when the sprint variant will get it. By then I may have moved on to the S4/S5/whatever is out by the time my upgrade comes around.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]When the heck is the Galaxy Nexus going to get the 4.2 update, we were supposed to get it around November/December but it still hasn't shown up; yet Samsung seems to have no problem letting people know when their other phones are getting updates![/citation]

I flashed my Galaxy Nexus with 4.2 takju and it's working great.
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Some of you are buying crappy low end phones, the stellar and and stratosphere...never heard of those. Try getting a phone next time with a long support life cycle, its obvious which ones those are. The Galaxy S3, the Note 1 & 2. Just update your phone every year like me is another option if you dont like your update cycle or lack of.[/citation]
There's no excuse for products being unsupported by their manufacturer the day they're released like is so common in the smartphone market.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]SGS2 already has the JB update. Maybe this is for phones in Ukraine.[/citation]
Only in China and Spain I am afraid, rest will have to wait.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I got an international version of Galaxy S3 from Hong Kong, it was updated to 4.1.2 a while ago(a month or 2).

It was pretty good overall, got much better system ram usage management comparing to 4.1.1.

The only shortcoming is the wifi battery drain issue, luckily I can do a quick/easy workaround by going into wifi advance setting and turn off wifi service when the screen is not on!

Status
Not open for further replies.