Solved! Samsung rv515 How to diagnose screen fault

Jul 20, 2019
Hi all
I've had a Samsung rv515-s01uk for 6 years and it recently died. I had the blue screen tdr failure then when I rebooted nothing. Blue light would come on but nothing on the screen. I removed the hard drive and put the rescue disc in and booted up but nothing. I plugged the laptop into my pc monitor with the external display port and booted up with f8. The screen said to press any key to boot from dvd which I did, the cd wirred them the external monitor said 'entering power saving mode' and went off. I've tried usb boot disc but same issue every time. I opened up the laptop, gave it a clean as specified on YouTube but the same issue happens. Trying to work out if its the motherboard or graphics chip/card but unsure how to do this. Anyone here have any suggestions please? Thank you

Jul 20, 2019
Thank you. I got a motherboard from ebay, says it works, I installed but same issue; black screen, same if I try the hdmi or dvi to a TV or external monitor. Ordered some new memory to try that. Otherwise I'm stumped.