Solved! Samsung S9+ (Factory Unlocked) Bad Signal on T-Mobile?

Wooohah

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Anyone have issues with a poor signal on an unlocked Galaxy S9 Plus (Dual Sim)?
I upgraded to this phone from an iphone 5c and I noticed I generally have very low bars. I checked my dBm and It seems to be worse than the iphone. My speeds are also pretty slow.
I was getting single digits when I was doing a speedtest at one point.

I went to my carrier (T-mobile) and had them check the phone up. They verified the APN settings and said all the settings were good to go. When I was in the store, I was getting full bars, walk out of the store, take a left and literally 50 feet away my bars drop to 2.

I also never seem to get the LTE symbol in my taskbar. The phone shows as being connected to LTE, however it just shows as 4G. Though I've heard this is a feature specific to the "international" version.

Anyone have experience on how to fix this? I like the phone, but I can't deal with a poor signal.
The T-mobile employee said that he's seen signal issues with a lot of the S9's and he says it seems to be just the unlocked versions. However he didn't have much in terms of how to fix it.

Everything is up to date.

Solution
If the employee said it was happening with other S9 models, I would try Samsung support and see what they say. Likely the blame will go back to the carrier, then back to Samsung, then back to the carrier. In about a year one of them will find a bug that will fix this.
If the employee said it was happening with other S9 models, I would try Samsung support and see what they say. Likely the blame will go back to the carrier, then back to Samsung, then back to the carrier. In about a year one of them will find a bug that will fix this.

Solution