Samsung Series 5 battery won't charge and adapter is required at all time

Itsmarc

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hi Guys,

My Samsung Series 5 NP530U3C-A01 battery won't charge and the laptop shuts down when I disconnect the ac adapter. I've tried to charge it with a new adapter and i've changed the battery with a new one. Both didn't solve the problem.

I've tried to reset the EC of the battery, did a BIOS update, tried a different OS and checked the internal DC-Cable. Nothing worked.

Is there anyone who is experiencing the same problems or/and has a proper solution?

With kind regards,

Marc

Itsmarc

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Well, I had the same thought but then I realised; what if both batteries are dead? And how can I be sure that the mainboard is broken, or the batteries? Does anybody have experiences with by measuring a mainboard/battery? The battery has a 9-pin connection to the motherboard, 3 red, 3 brown and 3 black wires.

shosoloza

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
I have just had the same - looks like the battery just gives up the ghost (even though it still has 61% charge) on my NP530U3B-A01UK

It seem sudden batery failure may be a feature of the NP530 http://ultrabooknews.com/2014/02/10/samsung-series-5-ultrabook-battery-replacement/

Bad new - the site he mentions above is sold out. The next cheapest replacement I can find is £115! Maybe time for a new laptop rather than spending 25% of the cost of the laptop on a new battery :)

Anyone else seeing this?
Cheers
Stef

shahzadbio

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I am also facing the similar problem. When I remove the adapter, computer goes power off. When I connect the adaptor, battery icon shows 100% charging, but as I remove the adapter, computer goes power off. Any solution please?

julipeno

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015

Hi, did anyone find a solution for this? My Series 5 started shutting down with the AC adapter about 3 weeks ago. Won't work unless it's plugged in. I ran a battery assessment tool and it says the battery is good and should take a charge.

Am about to order a new power cord, but won't if that's not the the actual problem.

Thanks,
Lisa

NOSAJ76

Estimable
May 2, 2015
I also have the same problem and haven't found a solution yet either. This is a crap battery that dies after a couple years of life. It is ghosting in the computer. Make sure you properly shut the computer down and don't accidentally unplug it. I can't even find a cheap China replacement on eBay. If anybody finds a replacement, please let us know. Thanks

JuanMB

Estimable
May 7, 2015
Same problem here. Battery led keeps blinking and battery is not charging.

And I can't find a place to get a battery from! any one knows about a reliable source of spare parts?

Regards
Juan

roskama

Estimable
May 20, 2015
Same problem here. Mine is a NP530U3B-A02. Started day before yesterday. Laptop shuts down when power cable isn't attached. Battery meter says 93% charged but not charging. Power light is blinking green/amber. Clock resets itself every time I unplug the laptop. I ran a full Norton scan and checked my updated programs list just in case something stupid showed up on the laptop, but found nothing wrong. I travel a lot, so this is a problem for me.

A quick search for replacement batteries suggests getting one is no easy feat.

I'd love to hear what solutions people find.

Pablo Magana

Estimable
May 30, 2015
We need to address this to the Samsung tech support. I have the same problem and I brought a new original battery for 200 euro and It did not work. I feel that it not OK that this ultrabook don’t last longer. Everything works fine with power cord by the way. (sorry for bad English)

I'd love to hear what solutions people find.

I have look up in diagnostic tool in linux that OS cant find and battery so it must be a hardware problem.

Update, new battery is now chargin, it was very easy to change , there is a good Youtube video that helps you a lot in that process.

Pablo Magana

Estimable
May 30, 2015
The problem is solved. I bought a new original battery in a webbstore in Sweden for around 120 Euro, the delivery was only 3 day with DHL. https://www.batteries-online.se/batterier-till-datorer/samsung/laptop-batteri-aa-pbyn4ab-for-bl-a-samsung-np530u3b-6250mah-original-samsung.html

Itś easy to put in the battery just follow the instructions on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7QncSWHpMs

Big thanks to Steve ”Chippy” Paine for the video.

Just make sure that you put in the pins for the battery correct. (I did one wrong the first time)

TRENDING THREADS