Samsung Shows Off Flexible AMOLED Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
digital beer cans disguised as soda!

digital windshield displaying Google Maps while driving!!

digital punching bag with steve jobs talking on youtube!!!

or how about a digital wallet that displays how much money is in it while standing next to a mugger!!!!

there is nothing wrong with this world :)

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
interesting i would like this for a laugh and awww with my friends or when it the tech improves to carry around a 17in or bigger version to make a nice mobile gaming screen u can carry with a portable power house computer in a phone format give 5-10 years that is

batkerson

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Great for smart phones -- no more cracked displays. OOPS! Phone manufacturers either won't implement it soon, or service providers won't sell the phones as part of a plan 'cause they couldn't count on resales from broken screens. Long lasting products are the antithesis of our consumer culture.

G

@ xerroz

How about the Pimp boy 3 Bilion?? (look it up its real in New Vegas)

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I swear I saw something like this before, and before that too...

In other words, let's market this. This is better in a consumer's hands than as a pipe dream.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I do not recall the companies name or the exact tech that was used, but Tom's had reported that similar flexible displays were still in development and a few years off still. Looks like Samsung may have pulled the rug out from under them and bet them to the punch.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
How about a flexible version that can also become completely transparent?
Then I imagine it's be much easier to integrate such a product in our lives.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]I want a screen that wraps around my head 180 degrees.[/citation]

My thoughts exactly except i was thinking of a 240 degree dome structure where ur surrounded by the images, great for flight simulator games and F1 or any racing games.

G

For some reason your comment made me think of He-man's Man-E-Faces!

rgs80074

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
hahahaha

ever notice how our tech replicates what we see in the movies and tv series.

these look like the originals of the types of flexible displays used on star trek and andromeda and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.