samsung smart tv cant connect to the internet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkill

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
hi everyone i have a samsung smart tv series 6 UE55HU6900 and cant connect it to my network at all ive tried both wireless and lan ive tried static ip address and the 8.8.8.8 dns trick nothing seams to be working any thoughts on how to fix this would be much appreciated

FrankZERO

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Nothing worked! Dns 8888 didnt do it.

Then I found this --- depending on the model one of these will work. Turn off the tv - using your remote push the Mute, 1 8 2 and power button Or ---- push the info, menu, mute and power.

The TV will turn on and a menu appears. Go into the first line item and push the button "factory reset".

The tv will go black screen and then restarts as "new".

It will pop up all your wifi connections - select one and enter the password. You are now connected to your wi fi!

Go into menu and disable the auto function for updates. This will avoid having Samsung ah heck up your wifi connection. Personally I will give up on the updates to keep my smart tv functions!

You will need to reset your custom picture settings.

Good luck!

Krittika

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016

Shadywolf

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

I have exactly the same problem after the software update I installed a few days ago. Seems like it's an issue that goes back to 2013! I've heard that a factory reset may not change internet settings or indeed enable the wi-fi card again. I can't get mine to do the mute button secret menu sequence either. The Samsung hub connection test uses the wired internet connection even though wi-fi is selected. I don't want to hard wire so it seems like Samsung have completely screwed up my 2 month old ultra hd smart tv...way to go Samsung!!!!!!!

Joey2016

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

We have Samsung Smart tv model Un55Ju6500 having this same issue today finally fixed by going to Menu Network network settings wireless skip Thur hit up button go to bottom list of networks select wps then on select wifi protected set up on wifi password set up do not put in any PIN numbers should say tv connected to internet

Krittika

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016

Shadywolf

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

Been an absolute nightmare but I stumbled across a post on a forum where a guy said that 'these tv's are like computers with the usual unstable OS systems that can glitch' - He said the first thing to always try is a re-boot and unplug the tv from the mains - I did this, left it for 20 minutes, rebooted and it was fine, with instant wi-fi connection! I really didn't expect it to work as it's never ever as simple as that!!!! I guess it may have been the update that caused the problem originally, but I didn't expect such an obvious fix, especially after my past experiences with problematic Samsung updates on various mobile phones - where a re-boot never solved the problem! Feel a bit daft, but very relieved it's all working again.

cortomalteseny

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

Tried everything in this post but even after restoring to factory settings (with the hidden menu above) I am getting "Unable to connect to wireless router"..
wtf Samsung!!!
any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.