Samsung smart TV internet connection

Poopninja

Estimable
May 1, 2014
Hello, I'm pretty sure that many people has already made threads about this.
The problem is, that I'm living on my school, and the internet requires a username AND a password, but it doesn't ask for a username in the connection to the network.
I've tried to use the password I use with the username, but it doesn't work.
What to do?

Solution

Most colleges require the MAC address of any hardware connected to their wired (Ethernet) network to be registered. Check and see, register, leave it plugged in, and generally within a few hours it should just start working.

popatim

Splendid
Try deleting the network in the tv and then reconnect which should make yo re-enter the user & password info. Should that fail, contact he schools help desk. The TV may lack the necessary protocols to connect. (Like the school may require wpa2 and the tv only supports wpa & wep)

Your school network requires you to enter a UserID and Password for your computer to connect to it's network. Your Smart TV does not connect to your school's network, but your own local network; either via a wired connection to a router or via a wireless connection to your wireless router. The "password" it's looking for is the connection key to your personal network.

-Wolf sends

Poopninja

Estimable
May 1, 2014
Uhm.. I've found out that the schools network here is WPA2 Enterprise, and the TV should ask for both username and password, but it doesn't.
Are there any USB that could make the TV support WPA2 Enterprise? Because I can't seem to find it in the settings.

Poopninja

Estimable
May 1, 2014
But when I try to connect with LAN, it connects with the router, but it doesn't provide internet, where it says that I maybe have to provide a password, but there it doesn't ask for anything, when I try to connect to LAN.

RedShirtGamer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Most colleges require the MAC address of any hardware connected to their wired (Ethernet) network to be registered. Check and see, register, leave it plugged in, and generally within a few hours it should just start working.

Solution