Samsung Smart TV (UN46ES6100) can't connect to wireless network anymore

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cejay25

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I've had this TV for 2 years connected to my home network (Cisco router) using WEP security protocol. This week I have upgraded to WPA2 Personnal (AES) protocol. All of my home hardware (PC's, iPad,s, iPhones...) have switched over without any problem but the TV just won't connect. After entering the password, I get a connection failed message. I have tried disabling the security on the router, reverted back to WEP also to no avail. Nothing works anymore. Help please?

TheRealDrKaco

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Do a hard boot. Unplug your TV while it's still on. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in. Turn back on. This not only resolved my wifi connection issue but also my TV was turning on/off all on its own. One and done!
Cheers!:D

caemanikandan

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015

I too have the same issue you faced after buying the sound bar H450 .can you please tell me whether we can remove the wired connection after some time when the wireless connection is established. Have you tried removing connection between the TV and sound bar by which internet was working by any chance :)

Chris_155

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this!!

A brand new UE32H6400 would connect to my network first time and disconnect after about 2 minutes. I tried every suggestion I could find, updated the firmware via USB, even tried different routers and networks, nothing helped.

I tried your solution, my Wifi region was set to 'E'. I changed it to 'A' and its been perfect ever since..

Mikesilva21

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016

JamesPerkins

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Hi
Hope you are doing great buddy! I am also using the same Tv and some times have to face certain types of problems. I hope my ideas will work for you too. You can login with your password. If you don’t remember the password, you can go for a default password by holding in the small reset button on the back of the wireless router or access point.

If you don’t see WPA2 in the wireless security , just don't panic dear. It may happen that support may have been added in updates by the manufacturer. Then go to the support section of the manufacturer’s website and check the downloads for your model. These smart TVs provide excellent picture quality and sound system too. I am using one such tv in my living room.To know more reviews about smart TVs and other solutions related to Smart TVs visit below-

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/20/technology/super-bowl-tv-sales/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-friday-tv-deals_us_5657c527e4b079b2818a5e47?section=india
http://110inchtvguide.com/
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/

geierfeb14fig1.jpg

If you’re using an old wireless adapter, it could lack WPA2 support even if Windows supports it. You should double check its support in Windows XP, Select the Wireless Networks tab, and then click on the Add button.Once done with this , ensure WPA2 is listed in the drop-down menu for Network Authentication.

If you don’t see WPA2, support may have been added in driver updates by the manufacturer. Check the driver version that’s installed: open the Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog in Windows, Then again click the configure button, and select the Driver tab from there . Then go to the support section of the manufacturer’s website and check the downloads for your particular model.

Hope my ideas work for you . Have fun with your TV and I hope your problems will be solved with my above ideas.

Thanks in advance buddy :00

knelson1625

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016

I am wondering this too. Might a USB adapter be able to bypass a faulty main board?

Tiffanyannemarie

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I have the same problems. I have tried EVERYTHING listed above with several hours of troubleshooting with my internet provider and Samsung. Even bought a new router thinking that would be the solution. Now Samsung says they think my wifi card is bad. Can anyone point me in the direction of the part # or where I could get one? I have tried using my model # un46es6150 to look for one online. Samsung wants to send a technician out for $200 estimate. Any help is appreciated.

Mireille13

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

I can't believe my Smart TV has got wireless connection again! I tried so many solutions posted on different forums, but only this one worked. Thank you Prince_Ahmed!

che1563

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I tried all the solutions from disabling the router firewall to making changes to the DNS settings and even rebooting the router and nothing happened. I unplugged the TV from the wall and when i turned the tv on, it searched for networks and automatically connected. Simple solution and it should be the first thing the incompetent tech support agent should have advised me. He was telling me to have my ISP disable my router firewall, when my router was not even provided by my ISP. I disabled it myself but it did not do much. So alway unplug the tv first. It may resolve your issue.

claub2

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016

larocio

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Thank you so much my prince! After 1 year of waiting, my tv is now repaired because of your solution!!

Melwin

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
if other devices are connecting to your router you do not need to reset router
if your tv cannot connect to another access point like hot spot on your phone
resetting your tv might help
but with Samsung tv its known problem

]

Melwin

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
mute, 1, 8, 2, power brings up service menu on mine :) UN60ES8000FZXA

chenpiren

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

Hi. Im trying to do this, but somehow im doing something wrong. so shut down the tv, then immediately press bottom (assuming that its the arrow pointing down), info, menu, and mute all at the same time? then press on?

i've tried 10 different times :(

Lisa_79

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Dave_105

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
We have the same problem with our smart TV. If I set it to region E (EU 11a/n/g/n-2.4/5 ghz) then the Wifi will crash and not work. Setting to region A (11b/g/n-2GHz Only) will work.

This is on a TV that would previously connect in 11na/11a/11ac modes, until update 2021!

Samsung have been wore than useless, stating that the WiFI card has broken, and needs replacing after their firmware update messed up the TV. It is clear to me that this is a serious software bug, but they are burying their heads in the sand over it.

Dave

Don_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Don_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
How is it possible for this solution to work? I mean, the problem is the TV doesn't recognize any wireless networks to connect to so how is it going to suddenly connect to the network server?

Status
Not open for further replies.