Samsung smart TV with No HDMI ARC to 5.1 Home Theater System

Chintan_155

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
I have Samsung 58" smart TV. It has two HDMI ports but without ARC function. Recently I bought samsung 5.1 channel home theater system and connected it through optical audio cable.
But it is unable to play my rear surround speakers.
While I take individual speaker test from bluray player then rear speakers are responding.

I read from many threads that optical cable is not enough to generate 5.1 output. To test without using optical cable, I have downloaded many 5.1 test musics from internet & copied into my USB pen drive & plugged it directly into Blueray player (by passing optical cable from TV) and played but still I am not getting rear surround sound voice.

Any suggestion?
Is there any converter available which can convert non ARC HDMI to ARC HDMI or something like that in order to get surround sound?

Solution
I have a similar issue with a new Samsung SUHD TV and a Panasonic Bluray Home Theater system. 5.1 speakers work fine with bluray playback but when I try to access surround sound for TV audio am left with no sound at all. I have the HTS connected via HDMI and digital optical to the TV (for the HDMI, it is in the ARC slot).

Ashraf Azer

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Hi
...I have similar problem with many files I download from internet (I have samsung J5550WT) where no sound from the REAR ones...I have ACR TV LG and with some movies there is sound in the REAR using HDMI cable...I thought using optical cable should be better than HDMI

sef818

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
I have a similar issue with a new Samsung SUHD TV and a Panasonic Bluray Home Theater system. 5.1 speakers work fine with bluray playback but when I try to access surround sound for TV audio am left with no sound at all. I have the HTS connected via HDMI and digital optical to the TV (for the HDMI, it is in the ARC slot).

Solution

rich612

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

rich612

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have a sumsung 46 led. Had the no sound from netflix problem. Bought a new denon 5.1 receiver. I connected the settop bov hdmi to the cbl/ sat input of this receiver first. Hdmi out of receiver goes to hdmi in on the tv.

Solution: optical cable from the audio out of the tv to the receiver. In my case I have two optical in's. I choose the second one. But the idea should be the same, that is, reassign this input. On the receiver I :
Pressed setup, then inputs, then input assign, in this case I chose optical 1. I changed it to TV audio. It worked.
Another yhing I checked gush may be a factor is that I pressed setup again, then video, then hdmi audio out and it was set for AVR. Hdmi passthrough was set to on. I did not see arc that others talk about.
Pandora app works, fm and am works and the plugged in usb with mps files on it works. Love it.

Good luck.
Rich612