Samsung SmartTV and Network Connectivity via wired connection

Koda1789

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
My Samsung TV can connect to the internet via wireless and wired connections. When connected via wireless I'm able to see and connect to a shared folder contained on my PC. From here I can stream video files from my PC to my TV.
When I'm connected via wired connection I have internet access but I'm unable to connect to files on my PC.
I'm assuming I need to change a setting in my router to allow the TV to see my PC but I haven't been able to determine what setting to update,
My router is a ASUS RT-N12D1.
Thanks for any suggestions!

This is a classic symptom that you are running 2 subnets, we get this ALOT here. :(

What you have: ISP Modem-----(subnet 1)---->Switch(ports)------>WIFI Router------(subnet 2)---->All PC/mobiles blah-blah.

I will skip all the mumbo-jumbo explanation, you should re-configure your WIFI router as an Access Point. The instructions are right HERE. This is the preferred option.

If you are unable to do that, option#2 is, move the switch from left of WIFI router to right of WIFI router, do not plug any ethernet clients on the left of the WIFI router.

This is a classic symptom that you are running 2 subnets, we get this ALOT here. :(

What you have: ISP Modem-----(subnet 1)---->Switch(ports)------>WIFI Router------(subnet 2)---->All PC/mobiles blah-blah.

I will skip all the mumbo-jumbo explanation, you should re-configure your WIFI router as an Access Point. The instructions are right HERE. This is the preferred option.

If you are unable to do that, option#2 is, move the switch from left of WIFI router to right of WIFI router, do not plug any ethernet clients on the left of the WIFI router.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
Spatzle Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 2