Samsung SmartTV Netflix App Soundbar issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kmon14526

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Vizio Soundbar. (they are hooked up with a digital optical cable) The Netflix app will not play thru the sound bar but all other apps will. If I watch Netflix on my bluray player, the sound comes thru the soundbar. The bluray player is hooked up to the Smart tv too. Talked to Samsung, Netflix and Vizio - nobody can figure it out.

Mar 12, 2018
I have that same issue with my Samsung TV hooked to my Yamaha receiver (Home Theater) the digital optical hook up works fine with everything except Netflix,the sound will cut out once in a while just for a split second.I changed my TV setting from Dolby Digital to PCM and it solved the problem but the sound just isn't as clean and crisp as it was with the Dolby Digital setting and also not as strong,I have to turn the volume up about 10 numbers.

May 25, 2018

Same problem as you and was going mad.......THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!

Oct 19, 2018

Genius! Worked perfectly

Dec 29, 2018
I had the same problem with my Samsung Smart TV - I had changed the sound settings to PCM while playing thru the cable box/tv. When I switched to Amazon or Netflix - I had no sound from the sound bar. I then realized, after much playing with the controls, that if I went back to the sound menu on the smart tv while playing Netflix, it was dolby digital. I changed that setting to PCM and everything now worked. Apparently there are two separate sound settings (If not more) for the TV versus the Internet connections on the smart tv.

Feb 1, 2019
I had that problem. When I'm watching Netflix, I choose the show. Look below "more trailers" , you will see "audio & subtitles". Change the audio to English (original) and play your show. So far, it works for me!