Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

susanmum

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
After problems with Netflix and Amazon apps both not loading videos on my Samsung Smart tv (although HBO and Pandora worked fine), I manually changed the DNS (under Network Settings) to 8.8.8.8

That totally resolved the problem with both Amazon and Netflix!

Lizi357

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
In the US, call Samsung Electronics customer service at 1-800-726-7864. They will take care of the problem in 5 minutes through remote access. They fixed the problem in my TV today, which just needed an update.

jrosenfield

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
I fixed the issue by resetting the smart hub. Menu-smart hub-reset smart hub. Enter pin and let it reset and reconnect.

BirminghamTom

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Why does the "Instant On" solution work? or why does it screw it up by having it on?

I had a green screen with audio when streaming on my Samsung Smart TV and then did a factory reset which resolved it. But I am worried it will happen again....

Also, anyone have the problem where a title plays on Netflix and then then anything else stops about 10 seconds in and says "Sorry we cannot play this title at the moment"?

cammnut

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
The ESN was missing from our 6400 series LED telly but we could find no way to add it.
PLaced a call via email and got a reply within 24 hours. What's more it worked. Not sure why Samsung asked for the different network, but I did it as suggested.
To see if the esn is missing go into menu>support>contact Samsung, scroll down to the second page.

If the ESN is missing, Netflix is unable to function. The Netflix ESN can be restored by following these steps:

1. The latest software needs to be installed on the TV

2. Perform a factory reset. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Put the TV in standby mode
b. In quick succession, press INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER
c. Select Options
d. Select Factory Reset
e. The TV will now turn off
f. You must power on the TV yourself
g. The TV will now be reset to its factory settings
3. Now, connect the TV to a different internet connection. To do this, use your mobile phone as a hotspot if possible. (Data charges may apply).

4. Whilst connected to a different internet connection, wait for the ESN to be loaded (may take up to 5 minutes).
5. Now, reconnect to the original internet connection and check if Netflix is operational.

Hope this helps somebody :)

Gabriel Candido

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Consegui solucionar erros como nw-4-8 e ui-113 devido ao erro do roteador

1° entre nas configurações do roteador
2° nas configurações encontre WAN
3° Altere a porta MTU para 1400
4° Salve e reinicie sua internet

Gabriel Candido

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I'm from Brazil and I can not explain much more in English if you can understand just follow the steps below

- Managed to solve errors like nw - 4-8 and ui -113 due to the router error

1° between the router settings
2° the settings find WAN
3° Change the MTU port for 1400
4° Save and reboot your internet

joefuller757

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I have a UN65H7150. Netflix worked until I replaced my wireless connection with an Enternet cable. I was getting a blank screen when I clicked on Netflix. The fix proposed by FrankViz worked for me. I went to my Netlfix account on my PC and deleted all other devices. As soon as I went back to the TV, Netflix worked again.

indianakathy

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
We are having same problem - I can't even uninstall the app on my tv to re-install - my son is able to watch on laptop and yes bill is paid I am ready to stop paying for Netflix if we can't watch it on tv. The uninstall app shows on the tv but won't let me click on it Can Samsung go in and delete this off of our tv?

FerSan

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
Hello my fellow samsung users, I can actually say that turning instant on, off, fixed my ongoing 4 month issue with netflix . Simply turn off instant on, then restart TV. Thanks for the help guys!!

mhorie

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
I have a similar Samsung Model. And recently "she" suggested to update her system. Well, I couldn't say no to her, so "she" started to update herself... after that new icons appears in my SmartHub, and I didn't know what was happening, it was a hell of an update... and Netflix (the only app that I really use) went blank screen everytime I wanted to start it.

After reading this thread, I found out that my TV thought "she" was in another country (US) and started to download all the apps from that country.

It was nice to know that in US you have HBO GO, Amazon Prime, Hulu... here in Brazil we really have some local choices including Netflix. None so good as in US! I was really tempted to subscribe HBO GO.... and for a while Netflix was running fine, but after 2 or 3 days it goes blank screen.

And I cut my cable tv for more than 2 years, so Netflix is our main source of entertainment.

My SmartTV does not allow to reinstall Netflix (it appears disabled for me) as some guys advised to do. And all the code and Konami tricks does not work for my TV Model ("she" says "she" is 2014, but as I am in Brazil, maybe there some differences).

Well, after some search in Google I came to this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG3IMVZLX9o

He teaches how to reset the Samsung "smart" tv and it worked for me!

Good luck!!

CathT

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Zarine, spent ages searching to find a solution and this worked in seconds for me :)

Open the TV menu
Go to SYSTEM and scroll down to GENERAL
Locate SAMSUNG INSTANT ON and make sure it is set to OFF
Turn off the TV and turn it back on
Open the Smart Hub and open Netflix

diamonfg467

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
I am also having this problem. As soon as I click Netflix it goes blank and then to HDMI 1 . (Netflix works on my computer and my other TV with a samsung blu ray player). I tried resetting to factory settings, no luck. As well as switching the region back and forth. My tv does not give me an option to delete the Netflix app. Also, I do not have this samsung instant on option under general settings to turn off. I am super frustrated with this "smart" tv. Please help!

mhorie

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Some more things to do:
- check the DNS settings of your network (and the TV) - if possible set it to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS server is the most reliable)
- when you tried the reset to factory setting, did you see the apps being re installed in your TV? If not, probably you didn't reset to factory setting correctly...

- other things I would think: is your TV from your country you live? If not, if you reset your TV to factory setting, it will go to the wrong country settting...
- check if your TV have her Netflix ESN number, I read that some TV doesn´t come or loose this number, and Netflix cannot run because of that - in this case, contact Netflix in order to show how to proceed in this cases... as I read, there are some people that had to change their TV because of that... let's pray!

diamonfg467

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015

Thanks for your reply.

1. I live in Israel and use Unblockus. Therefore, I must use their DNS server in order to access their service.
Please note that Netflix was previously working when I set up the TV and my other apps (such as Amazon Instant video, Hulu plus, HBO go, etc...) still work with no problem.
2. I did see the apps reload when I reset to factory settings.
3. I bought my TV here in Israel; however, I changed the settings to the USA (also after I reset TV).
4. My TV does have a Netflix ESN number.
5. Also, I called customer service here in Israel, and they won't help me because I am using the American apps. :(

-If anyone has any other suggestions, please say so!
more info: the model number is 40f5500.

Thanks!

mhorie

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
I was in the same situation, all apps working (netflix also) and after 2 or 3 days, netflix stopped working. The other apps were fine. I think that Netflix controls the contents by checking the country you are (IP address) and the regional settings of your TV, if they don't match, it does not allow to open. It is the only plausible explanation that comes to my mind.

In this case, I don't know what to do. Sorry!

guggaman

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
Hello all,

I had the same issue, I am in Berlin, Germany, but this may work for you as well.

The issue sometimes may not be laying with the TV, app or netflix, but with your ISP (internet service provider), make sure that the router accepts requests from the netflix server... if you go to your local ip address and check the settings of your router make sure to allow the ip addresses from netfilx to send information to your router.

Cheers

NicknTime

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
For those of you that don't have an option to remove instant on the work around is to unplug the TV for 10 seconds (after rebooting the modem) and then turn on he set. This caused netflix to update rather than crash. Netflix then opened but did not display the individual movies. I then went to settings and reloaded the Netflix application.
All is well....so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.