Samsung sound but no light

88needcessity

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Replaced the backlight Inverter but still comes on for second then goes black. Replaced two other green boards but still same. 46 inch LCD

Solution
The backlight inverter is the board which connects to the backlight. It looks like this:
KlpTqMs.jpg

The BACKLIGHT is the lights themselves, which are individual neon lights INSIDE the LCD panel. They are not user replaceable, nor do I recommend ever changing them without prior experience. Opening the LCD to change them is an extremely risky process. If the backlight is indeed defective, the TV is not reparable at a good price. You should buy another.

88needcessity

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
LN46E550F6FXZA Version DH02
There are 4 circuit boards on the back of this 46" Samsung TV. First I replaced the board where all the wires that plug in are located, main board??, (HDMI, & sound wires), then I replaced the small board between the speakers at the bottom (still no change, screen comes on briefly then goes dark but still sound-lastly I replaced the backlight inverter board. Still no change. The only board that I can see left is the brown board in the center of TV where power cord and backlight are plugged in to.

Usually, you do not change boards unless you are perfectly sure of the issue, or you have a complete kit. Going by your issue and the boards changed, there is only two choices left:
Your LCD backlight is defective, or the power board (Brown) is defective.

You should have started with the brown board first. Any other board would have not gave you those symptoms. But even then, these need to be tested before changed.

88needcessity

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

What is the difference between the backlight inverter board and the LCD backlight

88needcessity

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

The backlight inverter is the board which connects to the backlight. It looks like this:
KlpTqMs.jpg

The BACKLIGHT is the lights themselves, which are individual neon lights INSIDE the LCD panel. They are not user replaceable, nor do I recommend ever changing them without prior experience. Opening the LCD to change them is an extremely risky process. If the backlight is indeed defective, the TV is not reparable at a good price. You should buy another.

Solution

Glad to be of help.

I usually recommend Shopjimmy.com. There is a multitude of good sites though. Ebay usually has good boards at good prices though.
What is your power supply part number? It is either I46F1_BHS (BN44-00441A) or I46F2_BHS. (Samsung BN44-00463A)

The power supply of this TV is known to break quite easily, and shopjimmy even offers a repair service for it.