Thorens 58

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
I am going to try again. I recently installed this hard drive due to a failing one. Since that time windows 10 has been trying to load and it will not due to the following ( windows cannot open the partition on this hard drive). I was told by Microsoft to make the 100MB partition larger to let windows have enough space to do it's thing. The problem is the partition fixed at 100MG and cannot be changed. I have talked to so many people at Microsoft including someone who was installing windows got it going and left me thinking it would finish and be fine. No the install failed. The partition has only 5% open space and it will not clear itself out. I have Parkinson's and this has been a nightmare and Microsoft has not been any help. I can find no way to contact Samsung and get some possible tech support.
Please Help

Sounds like it could be a defective SSD if it will not allow you to format it beyond 100MB. Below is the link to samsung's tech support.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

What you might want to do is connect the SSD to another PC. Then use that PC to delete all partitions on that drive. You should have a large amount of unallocated space on the SSD (depending on whatever the capacity is). Then format the unallocated space. I typically create a 60GB partition for installing the OS (the C: drive), the remaining amount of space would be formatted into one large partition that I would use for storage / data (that would be the D: drive) after Windows 10 has been installed on the formatted partition. Put the SSD back in the laptop then install Windows 10.

Thorens 58

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
Hello I have tried that with a program MS told me to download and I could increase the size of the partition or delete it. The program would not let you do anything to the partition. You could not increase the size or delete the parttion. You can change the numbers or delete but when you try to do that everything automatically goes back to the default. I and many others with these hard drives all say the same thing the partition is permanent at 100MB that the hard drive will not let you change.

Since you do have 365GB free, your SSD should be fine. I thought you meant you could only access 100MB of storage on your SSD.

The 100MB partition is just something you have to deal with. My laptop has a 500GB hard drive and there is about 200MB of unallocated space that I can't really do anything with it. While I can format it, I cannot use it to expand any of my other partitions. Since there is no use in a 200MB partition I simply left the 200mb of unallocated space as is.