Samsung ST200F White Screen?

capecodbeachfront

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Samsung ST200F
This is a compact camera I use very infrequently. After not being used for nearly 10 months I charged the camera (battery had gone dead) and turned it on... only to find I had a white screen! At the advice of Samsung, I pulled the micro sd card and battery and reinstalled both. Really, that was their only troubleshooting advice! I assume this has happened to others and there must be some kind of work around? I have already tried the usually "slam" on different corners thinking I could wake up a loose or corrated connection. No success. Card DID capture images... until I moved it off the correct menu setting for picture taking. Now I have no way to set it back because of the white screen. BTW the date on the pictures captured was wrong leading me to believe the dead battery may have contributed to the failure... Is there a way to 'reboot / reset the camera? Seems strange a lcd scrren would fail from lack of use? Not my favorite camera because of the micro SD card, but still I hate to junk it. Or pay nearly the price of the camera to get it 'diagnosed'? Suggestions??? Thank you.

capecodbeachfront

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Is it really a failed screen? Or just a connection corroated from lack of use? I am considering doing a dismantle to look for a bad connection. Probably have little to lose since camera is out of warranty. Replacement screens are available online/Ebay for around $30. But I figure buying a screen then trying to replace it myself is a bit of a gamble. Usually the company "repair" is a fixed amount of $150? Nearly the price of the camera....Doubt I will be shopping Samsung again anytime soon. I have owned plenty of point & shoot and slr cameras over the past 50 years. First time I ever had a camera fail from not being used. I have not even shot a full micro SD card and the camera is dead.