Samsung Tab A need info on making SD card the main storage

kcrunchone

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Ok so here is the case. I only use my tablet for photo edits. I have been transferring files after the tablets get full but I want to eliminate this now that I have a 128GB card in the tablet. I have tried several times o locate the set up to make the card the main storage and have had NO success. If anyone could possibly help with some info it would be highly appreciated.

What you are referring to, wouldn't make the card the main storage for the tablet. Actually you can't make the card hold 'all' the tablets data, as some things really need to stay on the phone. However, going by the info in the rest of your posts, it seems you only want to make the SD card the main storage for images? That is simple.

Go into the app that you are creating and or editing the images in. Now go into that apps settings and change both its default location for finding images as well as its default location for saving images from the phone to the SD card. You can do this in any app you create or edit images in. You don't change the phone's settings, you change the app's settings.

kcrunchone

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
I want to make the SD card the main source to store my edited images instead of filling up and slowing down the tablet. I have the 32GB version.

kcrunchone

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
ANY HELP??? Has anyone done it? I want to make photoshop express use the SD card for storage not just move the app to the SD card. I have looked and done see the preference to use the SD for storage.....

What you are referring to, wouldn't make the card the main storage for the tablet. Actually you can't make the card hold 'all' the tablets data, as some things really need to stay on the phone. However, going by the info in the rest of your posts, it seems you only want to make the SD card the main storage for images? That is simple.

Go into the app that you are creating and or editing the images in. Now go into that apps settings and change both its default location for finding images as well as its default location for saving images from the phone to the SD card. You can do this in any app you create or edit images in. You don't change the phone's settings, you change the app's settings.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Android Tablets 3
RagingNuns Android Tablets 3
MomsRock2 Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 1
ProX Android Tablets 1
Shawinder Android Tablets 1
Southtxmunkey Android Tablets 3
Jon Campbell Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 4
A Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 1