Samsung Tops TV Satisfaction Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Samsung does NOT top my list, actually, they're at the bottom! I bought a samsung plasma in 2010, and it pretty much sucks - red haze across the screen when ever a light background is there (like the sky). samsung recalled several models with the same problem, but not mine!

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I personally like Samsung products, and own several varieties of products they make. I to had a bad experience with a Samsung Plasma, but mine decided to call it quits after 1 year 7 months with light use. Best way I could describe it would be a black background with a multi-color sparkle/glitter effect on the screen when it was on. With one bad experience, I will just chalk it up as technology being what it is; a product that is prone to breaking or bad luck if you want to call it that, but it will not steer me away from Samsung products in the future.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
one thing i have found across many samsung lcd monitors (not necessarily tv's as i have not had much experience with them) is they often have what i call a "time bomb" capacitor that fails after 3-5 years depending on use. Every other part of the electronics are quality components, but they leave one dodgy cap that will only last a certain amount of time so you have to buy a new one. Just enough time so it doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth about the product, but so that you will buy another in 3-5 years. Now i can't confirm that this is their way of thinking, but it sure is suspicious to me.....they arent the only company that has these dodgy caps in their products either.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I just installed a 65" samsung smart tv for a woman the other day.
I was surprised to see how little power it used. Similar to my samsung 21" led backlit monitor, they tend to barely sip any power.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Interesting, What happened to Sony's line up?
I still have a top of the range Sony Bravia from years ago that has no screen bleed/backlight like these new led TV's.
I don't mind jumping over to Samsung for next tv,I remember when it used to be Sony or Philips was what you aimed for though.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I have a Sony Bravia "early model" that is still going strong.
I also have LCD monitors from samsung and I love them too.
But my next TV will more than likely be a samsung.

Victor Weston

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
The Warrior’s bland acronym, MMI, obscures the true horror of
this monstrosity. Its inventors promise a new era of genius, but
meanwhile unscrupulous power brokers use its forcible installation
to violate the sanctity of unwilling human minds. They are
creating their own private army of demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.