Samsung tv doesn't connect to seagate hard drive

Lilalauren

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hi guys!

For some reason my hdd doesn't connect to my tv.. The model of the hdd is SRD0NF2 and the tv UE32C6710USXXN.

The system is of the seagate hdd is the same as my previous hdd so I can't figuren out why it doesn't work..

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

The hdd has an external power supply so it shouldn't be the problem.

Intrested in what you might think of it!

Solution

You are suggesting this setup worked perfect with your old HD, I take your word for it.

TV HD hookup is finicky, you must read the manual carefully, and even then sometimes they don't tell you the fine prints as if this particular feature, they just throw it in to sell you the TV but not enough information so you won't go "oh, is this limited? moving on to look at the next model."

So if you say SAME, it must be EXACTLY the same and I mean SAME FORMATING (most likely same form of FAT), SAME PARTITION (MBR vs GPT, size).

Not simple plug&play as u thought.

You are suggesting this setup worked perfect with your old HD, I take your word for it.

TV HD hookup is finicky, you must read the manual carefully, and even then sometimes they don't tell you the fine prints as if this particular feature, they just throw it in to sell you the TV but not enough information so you won't go "oh, is this limited? moving on to look at the next model."

So if you say SAME, it must be EXACTLY the same and I mean SAME FORMATING (most likely same form of FAT), SAME PARTITION (MBR vs GPT, size).

Not simple plug&play as u thought.

Solution