samsung tv has to reset several times to get synched up with hdmi

mccorb101

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I have a samsung 46 inch lcd tv. Probably about 8 or 9 years old. It is hooked up to a DirectTV receiver through an HDMI port. A lot of the times when I turn it on it has a very distorted screen and sometimes loud static-y noises. It automatically resets...I hear a couple of clicks that sound like it automatically turns itself off and then back on. It used to do it once or twice and now it seems like it is doing it more times as time progresses so that now it often resets 4-6 times instead of 1 or 2 before it synchs up and works right. Once synched, so long as I don't turn it off, it never has any problems. I've tried different HDMI ports and some settings such as the TV aspect ratio and nothing seems to help.

Since it's so old I don't want to spend a great deal of money on it but I know eventually it won't be able to synch up and probably the multiple on/off cycles will wear it out fast also.

Any suggestions

mccorb101

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I tried 3 different TVs and 2 different HDMI cables. I don't have anything else I can hook up to it other than the directv surprisingly enough but it works just fine with the other 2 TVs. I really think something in the TV is starting to go bad and I was wondering whether it was worth fixing.

TRENDING THREADS