Solved! Samsung TV optical audio output silly behavior

dtatti

Prominent
May 1, 2017
I have been always connecting my Samsung TV (LE32C450) to a couple of Behringer monitors via Toslink. As a source, I had only used the TV itself or the internal Media Player, which plays audio or video from an external drive connected to the TV's USB connection.

A few days ago I connected a sat receiver to my TV through HDMI and I was amazed in hearing no audio from the Behringer monitors.

I browse the manual to discover that this configuration was perfectly right: the only limitation was the 5.1 audio would have been reduced to 2-way audio.

"When the source is a digital component such as a DVD / Blu-ray player / cable box / STB (Set-Top-Box) satellite receiver and is connected to the TV via HDMI, only 2 CH audio will be heard from the home theatre receiver."

Instead, I cannot hear no audio.

Any suggestions?

Daniele

dtatti

Prominent
May 1, 2017

I will definitely try to set the STB to send stereo.
Only, I am having the same problems when the source is a Chromecast instead of the satellite STB. Is also Chromecast sending 5.1 audio with all the apps I have tried (incl. Spotify, Netflix, Youtube, Google Play, you name it) ? In case, should it be possible to set it to send stereo ?