Samsung UN55ES7100 Smart TV will not Connect to new WiFi Router

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yard Slave

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
I was experiencing some problems with our 2 year old UN55ES7100 Samsung 3D TV with Netflix, so I decided to replace my 10 year old Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G Broadband router. I installed a new Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router. Our 2 I-phones and 2 I-pads lit up in about 5 seconds each, but I have spent about 6 hours over 2 days trying to get the TV to connect to the WiFi. I'm exasperated, having dealt with Samsung (and exhausted their efforts) and still have no satisfaction! I'm about to pack up the new Netgear router and return it to London Drugs.

Anyone else experiencing these issues and do you have a solution?

It worked fine on the old Linksys router except some occasional drops on Netflix. Wasn't sure if it was Netflix or the old router, so decided to upgrade. So far things have gone "backwards!"

April 10th, 2015

Last night I updated software for Samsung TV. Samsung Tech emailed me a link with a Zip file. Installed on a flash drive and connected to TV. It took the updated software (2003.2) successfully, but nothing changed when trying to connect to my Netgear AC1900 Smart WiFi Router. I worked on this for a couple hours, then finally re-installed my 10 year old Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G Broadband router. It would not connect either!

Today I'm trying to decide if I should return the new router, but it does appear to run our 2 I-pads, I-Mac and I-phones a bit faster, so I may as well keep that.

Still waiting for a solution! Really miss Netflix!

NaniNY

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

NaniNY

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
--------
Thank you. My internet connection has not worked for almost two years on my Samsung. I use Apple TV so could get to Netflix. However I was determined to get it working today. After many attempts and googling, I ran into your fix. Thank you as it worked immediately. Your a gem.

Jeny2022

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

This is what worked for me! Thank you so so so much!

Jeanor

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

Worked for me too. Thank you so much!

ArtJJJ

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
You have no idea how many hairs I have pulled out in the last year trying to fix my I'm es7150 internet issue. It all started when I did the latest update at the time & got the Nighthawk AC1900 C7000. I couldn't pin point which one though. Luckily I had my Blu player & Dish Hopper to back me up so I wasn't desperate but very exhausting ever time I would try to fix it, at least one time a month. I did the USB firmware update like 6 months ago & nothing. I messed with the router, tv settings, reset to factory & nothing. Not quiting, decided to look online & came across this! I did the DNS # & didn't work. Finally did your suggestion & behold it worked!!! I was pretty shock to see the tv connect once again after all this time. The only two issues I'm having now is since I moved the tv further away in another room to make way for my new LG 65 OLED 3D, its connection is weak & getting disconnect during Pandora for example. I was disappointed to see Netflix sluggish & I'm not sure bc I'm use to the new version on the OLED or Dish that this one seems outdated & couldn't not figure how to get to the settings, switch user or continue from where I left off from the other Netflix devices. Anyways, wanted to say thank you for posting this!!

Apr 26, 2018

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Yard Slave. I have the Samsung UN55ES7500 and its going on 5 1/2 years now. Now I'm experiencing a problem connecting to Smart Hub AND probably more importantly to my Network. I just got off the phone with Samsung Support and was asked to unplug the power and pluggit back in ... which I did. Needless to say it didn't solve the problem I was told most likely the wireless wifi adapter was, using my terms, "Fried". Now I can connect to Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. via a recently purchased XboxS, but that doesn't remedy the problem of connecting to a web browser and accessing websites. Was told there's no wireless wifi adapter available, and so I'm stuck. I can't see how "firmware" can be delivered to the tv w/out internet access. Also, I don't really want to go out and spend $$ for a new 4K tv...have grown to like 3D movies...especially Gravity!
Anyway, if you have resolved your problem or not, please advise. Thank you.

Jul 25, 2018
Been having the exact same issue since I updated the firmware - bad bad idea - and can’t connect to WiFi anymore (the WiFi list pops up for 1/3 seconds and disappears). Did the factory reset with WiFi region A and still doesn’t work. the WiFi list shows up and stays showing but I can’t go ‘Next’ - it won’t let me pass! It just makes the clicking sound every time I click NEXT but it won’t do anything. My only option is to use wired connection which is so in convenient. SAMSUNG NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!! Either let me go back to the old firmware or release the patch that will fix the problem!! My TV is 2012 UN55ES8000.

Sep 9, 2018
These steps did it for me, thank God!

Small edit on step 4.

Thank you!

Sep 19, 2018

Sep 19, 2018
Wow cant believe this post has been ongoing for 3 years!
I too have been pulling my hair out for years!

Can you guys tell me how do i find “Control”in step 2?
The only thing i am shown aftwr the reset is a fuzzy page with no tuning.

Thanks.........

Sep 9, 2018
Follow instructions on Step 1: "Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence."

When you do that, a long list of options will appear on your TV once you turn it on, there you will see the option "Control".

Status
Not open for further replies.