samsung UN75J6300 with ARC connected to yamaha htr 3068 thru Altona extenders (cat 5e) Receiver displays on tv but no audio

firemedek

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I have a Samsung UN75J6300 1080 Smart TV. It is too far from the Yamaha HTR-3068 A/V receiver to connect with HDMI. I have Altona extenders connected with cat 5e (Connection is good). Both the tv and receiver are ARC compatible and both have the settings configured for ARC with proper placement of HDMI in both ARC ports. I am able to see the settings screen for the A/V receiver on the tv but am not able to produce audio through the 5.1 A/V receiver. Do audio settings on bitstream or PCM make any difference? I've tried both but still unable to produce audio. Firmware on Altona extenders is up to date.

Solution
I would suggest that you move the receiver temporarily and connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable. Even without speaker the front panel should indicate if there is an input. You can connect a speaker to the center channel if needed.
That will tell you if the extenders are compatible with ARC. You should contact Atlona if they are supposed to be to get their help.
Both PCM and bitstream will work but only bitstream will give you digital surround sound.
Vicebmw did you turn ARC on in the TV menu? Did you turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu. Did you assign ARC to an input in the receiver input set up menu? Check the manuals.

vicebmw

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Hello! I have the same problem with Samsung ue55 es 8000 and Sony receiver str dh550 .I connected the hdmi cable in Hdmi 2 arc tv slot and in sony special slot hdmi arc out and i can get only home visual image from my receiver but no Sound !!!
Maybe someone can help us , please ?!?!

I would suggest that you move the receiver temporarily and connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable. Even without speaker the front panel should indicate if there is an input. You can connect a speaker to the center channel if needed.
That will tell you if the extenders are compatible with ARC. You should contact Atlona if they are supposed to be to get their help.
Both PCM and bitstream will work but only bitstream will give you digital surround sound.
Vicebmw did you turn ARC on in the TV menu? Did you turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu. Did you assign ARC to an input in the receiver input set up menu? Check the manuals.

Solution