Samsung: We're Going to be #1 in Phone Markets

Status
Not open for further replies.

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
With awesome phones like Galaxy S and SII, I really doubt they wouldn't be on the first place. Keep it up Sammy !! --------------------------------- el33t , HTC Desire user

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Lot of marketing hype too from all these legal wrangles. A lot of people (including apple users) who had never heard of the Galaxy tab/phones now have thanks to Apple's legal action. Go accidental marketing!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Last time I''ve checked:

Apple - 18% of smartphone market
Samsung - 17.5% of smarthpone market.

With superiour hardware, no wonder they'll get #1 soon.

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
"Samsung: We're Going to be #1 in Phone Markets"

Not if it's on me!
Samsung sucks. Bad products, bad service and no direction nor vision.
The only thing they do is flood the market with mediocre quality consumer electronics.

"...as we have good product mix-up according to markets..."
They have to do MUCH better then cheap plastic phones with a nice screen. There's already enough cheap shiny plastic fisher price products at premium prices. At least with Apple and Nokia you get premium materials for the amount of money that you spend. In the case of Nokia it's usually a bargain as well. A few examples

Nokia C7: Gorilla Glass front, metal back and amazingly thick sturdy plastics. The screen is surounded with a stainless steel rim. Price (about 300 euro's)
Apple iPhone 4: Reinforced glass at front, normal glass at the back, beautiful aluminum rim around the edges. +700 euros
HTC Desire: Gorilla glass at fron, metal rim around screen metal back. Quality feel plastics throughout the body. about 500 euro's
Samsung galaxy S: gorilla glass, cheap ultra thin glossy plastic back and cheap plastics in the entire body. Premium price. +600 euro's

And then there's Apple's renowned quality support. While everybody who has ever dealt with Samsung's after sale services know how awfull that is.
so IMHO: Samsung, keep your crappy products in Korea and leave us alone.

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Last time I''ve checked:Apple - 18% of smartphone marketSamsung - 17.5% of smarthpone market.With superiour hardware, no wonder they'll get #1 soon.[/citation]

What "superior hardware" are you refering to?
The cheap plastic Galaxy phone?
Look I'm no Apple fanboy myself (I'm a Nokia devotee) but if you held an iPhone in your hand (even the old 3GS) and in the other a Galaxy S. You can't help but realize what a cheap knock-off the SGS really is.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]epdm2be[/nom]What "superior hardware" are you refering to?The cheap plastic Galaxy phone?[/citation]
It seems that to you "quality" just means the device has to have a good exterior. Clearly the GS2 has far superior hardware to the IP5.

iPhones and Ipods touches are inconsistant in terms of quality (I have two iPod Touch g4's that I purchased on the same day, and the screen brightness and color temperature are totally different between the two).

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]epdm2be[/nom]What "superior hardware" are you refering to?The cheap plastic Galaxy phone?[/citation]
It seems that to you "quality" just means the device has to have a good exterior. Clearly the GS2 has far superior hardware to the IP5.

iPhones and Ipods touches are inconsistant in terms of quality (I have two iPod Touch g4's that I purchased on the same day, and the screen brightness and color temperature are totally different between the two).

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Bought Galaxy S II, music quality was terrible. After investigating online, it appears that Samsung decided to use Yamaha audio chip, extremely inferior to Wolfson chip on Galaxy S.
I don't know if I'm gonna trust Samsung ever again!!!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Correction: Two posts above this I referred to the IP5. I meant IP4; sorry. Of course I don;t know anything about the IP5 because it has to be a big #&@%ing iMystery.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
If samsung wants to be number one, then they need to drop Andriod and improve handset quality.

Samsung feels very cheap in my hands. Having owned one for less then a week, it was an awful experience.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Samsung is already the #1 in LCD panel. It is one of the biggest in RAM and Flash memory. It is getting bigger and bigger in HD... now It is almost #1 in smartphone.. and possibly buying out HP to be the #1 PC maker.... with Samsung's track record on the dirty/anti-competitive business practice (take their LCD domination as an example)... Isn't that kind of scary?

Status
Not open for further replies.