Samsung: We're Working Hard on Our Own Smartwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I ask why bother?

Why not instead do a 'Smart Necklace' or a 'Smart Belt', oh and 'Smart Cuff links'.

Then you can synch your smart glasses with your smart watch via your smart cufflinks and use the smart necklace as a portable HDD for your smart belt.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]boogalooelectric[/nom]I ask why bother?Why not instead do a 'Smart Necklace' or a 'Smart Belt', oh and 'Smart Cuff links'.Then you can synch your smart glasses with your smart watch via your smart cufflinks and use the smart necklace as a portable HDD for your smart belt.[/citation]

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "He is a smart dresser" :)

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]boogalooelectric[/nom]I ask why bother?Why not instead do a 'Smart Necklace' or a 'Smart Belt', oh and 'Smart Cuff links'.Then you can synch your smart glasses with your smart watch via your smart cufflinks and use the smart necklace as a portable HDD for your smart belt.[/citation]

Now you're on to something... How badass would it be if you could answer/end calls with a tap of your chrome cufflinks, and your necklace (or tie pin) was a directional mic, and you had a micro-earpiece in for listening. Welcome to the future.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Really? Why not just copy?[/citation]

Waiting for more details from moles on Apple's Smart Watch then hurry to be first to market! Sure there are smart watches out there but back in the day there was portable music players, semi-smart phones, and tablets before being improved by iPod, iPhone, iPad, and if true, iWatch. ;)

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
The reason they have not released it is because they are still working on the touch interface of a holographic screen.

Charging it would be a pain...

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
This is all a response to the Pebble Watch Kickstarter. In general it seems pretty stupid to me. These all seem to either do something a digital watch can already do, or simply replicates something your phone already does, while needing you to have that phone in your pocket. It's one of the most niche status objects I think has come along in a while. And now you have people like Samsung jumping in on it just because they don't want to be perceived as being out of the loop or behind on the next big thing.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]scannall[/nom]Samsung. The "Me Too!" company.[/citation]

How can that be? Apple doesn't have a smartwatch (or any other such useless junk).

Blarg44

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]scannall[/nom]Samsung. The "Me Too!" company.[/citation]

I hope you aren't insinuating Samsung copying Apple. Sony, Pebble and LG all already have 'smart watches' out.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]why do you need a watch...we have smartphones...what they really need to work on is battery life[/citation]
I wear a watch everyday. It's not only a very useful tool that is used almost as much as my phone, but it's an accessory for men. There are three things no business person can be without; a watch, pen, and phone.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I thought hipsters didn't wear watches because they're not cool, no longer in style. Now they're all gonna jump back on board because Apple makes one?

Status
Not open for further replies.