Samsung won't charge

justsomerandomguy

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Hey, I have got a Samsung series ) 9 laptop (i think its the NP900X4D) and it wont charge. However, it will turn on when the AC is connected, but when I disconnect the AC it instantly shuts down. Also, the power menu states that it has 0% and is not charging. If I turn off the laptop,the AC also doesn't get warm. Lastly, the power lights flash between red and green, menaing that it should be full and its running on AC.
Does anyone have a solution?
The problem is since today at about 12.

George King

Harrison Whitmarsh

Estimable
May 1, 2015
Hello George King and welcome to Toms!

Your problem is very simple, your battery just died, or at least a good amount of it. Your battery is made up of many little "cells" which work together to hold a full charge. Over time, the current running through these cells will degrade them, and then they will fail, one at a time. I see that your laptop model does not have a removable battery; that is part of the problem. With removeable batteries you could atleast pull them out when they were 100%, but not yours, so there has been MUCH more current running through it, which makes it die faster. Now, when I say died, I mean DIED. This battery has too many dead cells (if not all of them) to hold a charge, and is no longer functioning. Unfortunately, there is no other option but to get a new battery installed in it. You could just use the machine plugged into the wall, but there goes the portability.

I hate to be the barer of bad news but, I like to peel the band-aid off quickly. I hope this helps, and sorry for all of the comma's haha. If you ever have more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

- Harrison Whitmarsh
Lincoln Nebraska USA