Samsung's Latest Camera Features Two LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
What was wrong with the Canon ones that had a swivel mounted screen? Only one screen to worry about scratching, you could hide it by flipping it over, plus you could aim it down so you could take pictures at weird angles. Seems much more functional that samsung's offering.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Brother Shrike[/nom]What was wrong with the Canon ones that had a swivel mounted screen? Only one screen to worry about scratching, you could hide it by flipping it over, plus you could aim it down so you could take pictures at weird angles. Seems much more functional that samsung's offering.[/citation]
+1

yadz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
You can always get someone to take photos of yourself instead of blowing 350$ on a dual display camera.

spaz480

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]LOL, they could have put a mirror instead? Too expensive.[/citation]

or they can meet up with sony and make the screen turn into a mirror like the new phone. OMG.

I hate how social networking has made society.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Irrenhaus[/nom]Another device for people to have less real social interactions.[/citation]
Right, because hanging out with friends somewhere is not a "real social interaction."

This seems like a toy for little teeny girls with $ to blow. Far to expensive for a point and shoot.. those should be like $150-200 tops...

The idiots that get this have to explain to all their dumb friends that they need to look at the lense and not the LCD or they will end up with close up pictures of people never looking at the "camera"

Irrenhaus

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
If you go out with your friends you have someone else to take the pictures of you, or other people that may be around that can do a group picture of you and your friends.

This camera is just an expensive show off.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]Brother Shrike[/nom]What was wrong with the Canon ones that had a swivel mounted screen? Only one screen to worry about scratching, you could hide it by flipping it over, plus you could aim it down so you could take pictures at weird angles. Seems much more functional that samsung's offering.[/citation]
I have one of those and I can't tell you how many times I used that feature for taking selfies, pictures over a crowd, set the camera on a timer at weird places (e.g. against a wall).

G

Dull.
If they had shown more imagination and it had come with a detachable wifi / bluetooth enabled screen so you could do group shots from 10m away and still see what it would look like i'd have been more interested.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]stuart72[/nom]Dull.If they had shown more imagination and it had come with a detachable wifi / bluetooth enabled screen so you could do group shots from 10m away and still see what it would look like i'd have been more interested.[/citation]
Better come up with a patent for that idea... and QUICK! Samsung developers are probably avid Tom's readers, and steal ideas. Oh wait, that's MS. :p jk... I think MS got screwed over with the whole Microsoft Word debacle.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
One great use I can think of for this is for when you're traveling alone, like spending a weekend somewhere after attending a conference. It's annoying when all the photos are just of landscapes, monuments etc. and you're not in any of them yourself. But again the swivel mounted screens or mirrors (lol) would do as well as this Samsung.

skalagon

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
You know someone is a fool when they have loads of pictures of themselves posing, especially the black and white ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.