San Jose Cops Get Head Cameras

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My name is Derek Philipson from Australia. I own a company Downunder Security Solutions. We have been selling E Witness HEAD CAMERAS for about 18 months now in Sydney, Brisbane and Newcastle and their deterrent effect regarding antisocial bahavior and violence has been amazing.Our product is deemed to currently the best available world wide and we sell them for 1200 Australian dollars, about $1000 US. A lot less for multiple purchases. Our product is comprised of mainly Japanese and USA materials, Sony, Texas instruments and Toshiba. It has 12 months unconditional warranty. Any Police or Government departments interested please contact me on the attached E Mail address. Yours Sincerely Derek Philipson

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Geesh... this isn't a market place for your anti-privacy warez. Yeah great, your "business," is taking off... at the expense of citizen's privacy and rights (U know they can and do disable the cameras or experience "technical difficulties" when the evidence show's police brutality/shady practices)... Good job, another opportunistic-capitalist; slowly eroding the freedoms away from underneath the people by technological-design.

I can't wait... soon EVERYONE will be subjected to illegal (soon to be legal by subverting the constitution(s) of nations) and probing body scans, searches and seizures of THEIR property and only the rich will have the cash to bribe their way out of it. Great job folks... too lazy and zombified to read up on history and more importantly; HOW and WHY oppressors/dictators were able to attain and rise to power over the people. Little-by-little technology that you and I think is "convenient" is merely an advantage for the rich/powerful. They give these *innovations* to us to use in "convenience," while they get laws passed which enables them to track, trace and data-mine our thoughts, social and anti-social (non-negative connotation there) behaviors, so that big-marketing can further infest our lives...

It all sounds like some habaloo conspiracy; oooooh scary stuff from a loon huh? But ask yourselves; HOW many cameras are watching your every move, day-by-day Vs 5-10yrs ago? The smaller and cheaper they make them, the MORE of "them" will be watching us, and soon LISTENING to your every word. It's coming and some of you just keep denying it, like you're immune to it. God... the STUPID MASSES ruin the 21st centry "Renaissance" for everybody else b/c they are too stupid and clueless about what their elected (some unelected) officials are doing voting in such authoritarian measures for "safety..." Damn SHEEP! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaa! Off to the slaughter house you go!

Ooooooobama... yeah as yourselves WHY he kept ALL the people that got us into this financial melt-down, in office? WHY are they deemed the ones that are going to "save us," when it was THEM that allowed this to happen in the 1st place? A la defeating the Glass–Steagall Act and the Sarbanes–Oxley Act to name a few... Get informed or be indentured!

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Geesh... this isn't a market place for your anti-privacy warez. Yeah great, your "business," is taking off... at the expense of citizen's privacy and rights (U know they can and do disable the cameras or experience "technical difficulties" when the evidence show's police brutality/shady practices)... Good job, another opportunistic-capitalist; slowly eroding the freedoms away from underneath the people by technological-design.

I can't wait... soon EVERYONE will be subjected to illegal (soon to be legal by subverting the constitution(s) of nations) and probing body scans, searches and seizures of THEIR property and only the rich will have the cash to bribe their way out of it. Great job folks... too lazy and zombified to read up on history and more importantly; HOW and WHY oppressors/dictators were able to attain and rise to power over the people. Little-by-little technology that you and I think is "convenient" is merely an advantage for the rich/powerful. They give these *innovations* to us to use in "convenience," while they get laws passed which enables them to track, trace and data-mine our thoughts, social and anti-social (non-negative connotation there) behaviors, so that big-marketing can further infest our lives...

It all sounds like some habaloo conspiracy; oooooh scary stuff from a loon huh? But ask yourselves; HOW many cameras are watching your every move, day-by-day Vs 5-10yrs ago? The smaller and cheaper they make them, the MORE of "them" will be watching us, and soon LISTENING to your every word. It's coming and some of you just keep denying it, like you're immune to it. God... the STUPID MASSES ruin the 21st centry "Renaissance" for everybody else b/c they are too stupid and clueless about what their elected (some unelected) officials are doing voting in such authoritarian measures for "safety..." Damn SHEEP! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaa! Off to the slaughter house you go!

Ooooooobama... yeah as yourselves WHY he kept ALL the people that got us into this financial melt-down, in office? WHY are they deemed the ones that are going to "save us," when it was THEM that allowed this to happen in the 1st place? A la defeating the Glass–Steagall Act and the Sarbanes–Oxley Act to name a few... Get informed or be indentured!

G

As a police officer in Canada , I have been talking about something like this for years. I have always stated I wish I had a video camera following me around so that judges and the public could see the things we do and see the scene instead of just description of it.

I welcome this change with open arms. If I make a mistake while wearing one I welcome it being recorded I have nothing to hide. I will do the best I can, like I always have but I'm human.

Status
Not open for further replies.