Sarah Palin's Email hacked; FBI Investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Prosecute to the full extent of the law. Then launch an investigation into ACORN's thug tactics and Obama's involvement (google ACORN Obama)in voter fraud and the housing mortgage crisis. We, as taxpayers, fund ACORN. Know what your tax dollars support.

jaybus

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
And exactly why should I believe anything that anonymous "revealed"? Certainly, if anonymous can hack into Yahoo's e-mail servers, then they can change/fabricate messages. I have no reason to trust criminals who illegally hack into computer systems and invade people's privacy.

G

Barracuda refused to turn over 1100 emails in a F.O.I.A. Stating they are of a personal nature, when they are not. That’s a federal crime. It’s a pre-meditated crime,which to commit the crime of illegally shielding government documents is why she was using the account in the first place. Moreover the Attorney Generals Office of the great state of Alaska just issued an opinion that if government documents are in a private e-mail account,the State has the right to review them, that they must be saved for three years, and that to destroy (delete) them is a crime.In my opinion, Palin or someone in her employment (McCorkell? Having a P.I. Background & couldn’t resist giving herself 2 min. of fame)done this as an excuse to delete and/or discredit the account.I believe the trail will lead back to them if it’s followed in a prudent manner. Everyone so smart call this hacker so dumb.Do we have a sloppy hacker or a smart and devious hacker framing the kid?don't say no or act like you're so smart if you haven't considered it.If the I.P. Addy matches the kid in question yet it still doesn’t add up a then programs like netbus or back orifice with a built in wiping routine should be considered. These are common names for a trojan jacker that a hacker can take over your computer use it without you knowing it,then attack others with your computer address.It turns your computer into a proxy..after the deed is done it can erase itself and fill in where it was with random bytes. Anyone can download these programs off the net in a matter of three minutes..Remember M.O.M. (means,opportunity,& motive)Who really has all three? Palin...Let us not forget the bug Karl Rove found in his Texas office and the WHOLE story behind that!! What, you don’t know what I’m talking about? Oh well whatever never mind.

G

Ruby2sday Talk about spreading FUD, i'm sure McCain never done squeaky clean too.

G

This is absolutely ridiculous! I hope the feds find who did this and persecute them under full extent. This is not only an invasion of privacy but also an invasion of safety. Jerks like these "anonymous" guys should be put behind bars for life. I don't care what their story is and I don't care what their intent was. This is not acceptable and I hope the feds don't take this lightly! This is as much a terrorist attack on America and its candidates as anything else. People in America have forgotten respect but then again its mainly due to those who've forgotten how to give respect where it due..

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Prosecute what? Her PERSONAL account got hacked, and the fallout is that we learn she's breaking the law by using that account for official business. The FBI does not care if MY account gets hack, politicians should be no different. I'm sick of preferential treatment.

Republicans are only good at one thing, and thats scaring fundamentalists into voting for them over and over. Every economic breakdown shows republicans expand the debt, and democrats shrink the deficit, but conservatives repeat lies so often that people who never check facts actually buy into it.

Historically, our greatest moments have always been under democratic rule, not this moralistic BS that fundamentalists are supporting.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
It's funny that people spend more time talking about the fact that she got hacked using methods a 10 year old can use, and not talking about how she broke federal laws and endangered national security by doing this in the first place.

The real damage was done by her not applying basic information security practices that nearly all other Government workers adhere to. It only seems to be the "executive" positions that constantly pull this crap, as if their above the law.

You need to look at the real crime being done, because conning a password reset system does not stack up with saving federal information on a Yahoo account instead of at least using an RSA token and a federal account.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
martin0642 said:
Prosecute what? Her PERSONAL account got hacked, and the fallout is that we learn she's breaking the law by using that account for official business. The FBI does not care if MY account gets hack, politicians should be no different. I'm sick of preferential treatment.

You would be whinging like a little girl crying "right wing conspiracy" if Obama's personal email got hacked. And also, this hack proved that she was only using her personal email for PERSONAL purposes and not using her personal email for BUSINESS purposes.

G

OK Martin0642, stop spreading lies,

1st off she was not a federal government employee so how exactly did she break federal laws? Well she didnt, How exactly did she endanger national security? Stick to facts, not blind acusations.

2nd people like you who blindly support one side and then bash the otherside for doing just that, are Hypocrits of the highest order.

The Best President Ever IMHO was Teddy Roosevelt and he was neither a Democrat or a Republican. If we want real change we need real choices. We need to break out of this two party system.

G

The NSA reads the emails of Americans, whether they have any reason to suspect you've broken the law or not. Why is it not fair that citizens will take it upon themselves to investigate politicians of wrong-doing? We the people, are their boss, they should have no privacy. Their paychecks come out of our pockets, and we can fire them, unless of course, Diebold Voting Systems disagrees with who the voters choose. Sarah Palin is yet another "do as I say, not as I do" leader. She talks about transparency in government, then tries to hide her use of office for a vendetta against her sisters ex-husband. She opposes abortion and birth control, and then makes excuses for her pregnant 17 year old daughter.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Her email wasn't even hacked.

According to the guy who did it, all he did was enter her email and click "Forget your password?".

Sarah Palin allegedly set her security question to "What is your zipcode?". It's no mystery how he got in.

Anonymous isn't known for being l337 hackers so I think the confession he gave is legitimate. Plus with Sara Palin using Yahoo to conduct government business she probably isn't very security savvy to begin with.

in b4 more paranoid conspiracy theories involving the Obama campaign.

crosshares

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I wonder if anyone's noticed that people are pulling straws to make Sarah Palin look bad. Hmmmm......
I wonder if Anonymous is a redneck.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Anonymous is a bunch of kids with too much time on their hands, nothing more. Stop treating them like they're some kind of criminal organization, they do these things just to goof around. Sad but true.

Also, airhead woman is an airhead... and a woman.

GameTekHik

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
This sums up what happened - second/third hand mind you.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/17/the-story-behind-the-palin-e-mail-hacking/

Status
Not open for further replies.