Sat Dish in new home - trying to get TV signal

HokkaHokka

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Hello,

We have purchased a property and I seem to recall the previous owner saying that he had the sat dish was because he had trouble getting a digital TV signal.

Anyway, we have a 6-7 year old Samsumg TV with built in freeview that hasn't been used for a while and can store up to 100 channels, but I cannot get it working with the current selection of leads (see pictures of dish and leads.)

There is clearly a black and white cable coming down from the dish, another cable that comes down from the TV aerial and another one coming down through some internal boxing.

I am utterly confused!

Do you think buying a freesat box for use with the existing dish would be the best & most cost effective solution? I'm trying to establish, whether I would need to pay an engineer or if buying a freesat box or another piece of equipment would solve the problem?

I'd really appreciate some help please!!! Laymans terms would be great – thanks! HH

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
That satellite dish requires a subscription service. Your best bet is to contact the local satellite HDTV service to reestablish service. In the US, that is DirecTV or Dish. Often there are new customer packages that include installation.