SATELLITE P25W-C2300-4K: Touchpad "sticks", freezes, refuses to respond

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkteddy77

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
While I'm just trying to scroll or move my pointer using the trackpad, my cursor will freeze, disappear, or do some operating it wasn't suppossed to "right-click, zoom, etc)
It's not being disabled at all, because when it freezes, The pad is still recognized as operational and not disabled.
There are no mouse drivers in my Device Manager other than the default HID device, and I cannot find any trackpad drivers on Toshiba's support page either:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200010881

What should I do about this? Scannow and checksystemhealth haven't done anything for me either, and I even tried installing a synaptic driver manually from synaptics site, but the operation of my mouse trackpad still hasn't improved.

Very very confused, please help

Solution
I've got the EXACT same problem with my Radius 12 also and after reading the Toshiba site and doing some digging of my own I've come to the conclusion that it's a bad GROUNDING problem with the trackpad, If you can return it to Toshiba then they'll fix it for you but if not (like me who brought it overseas) then you need to open up the machine and either solder on a wire to the motherboards grounding spot/chassis or use some other method to ground the back of the trackpad.

http://www.zachpoff.com/diy-resources/acer-laptop-touchpad-fix/

I've found lots of Acer,Asus and Apple machines with this issue and it's all related to grounding.

eveelizabeth

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

This has all been so helpful. Are you willing to write a couple of steps I can follow to do this myself? I don't have much experience with this and want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I have copper tape with conductive adhesive ready to rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.