Satellite Radius 11 won't start

SleviMedic

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
I have a Satellite Radius 11 L15W-B1208X that won't turn on. I bought it less than two months ago and it's been working fine until now. Currently, the battery light continually flashes orange at 5-second intervals and when it try to power it on with the AC cord unplugged the power light will flash 5 times and then nothing. The battery is non-removable and when I hold the power button without the AC cord plugged in the power light will continue to flash for as long as I hold the button down. If the AC cord is plugged in, however, the power light WILL NOT flash 5 times when the power button is pressed. I've also tried letting it charge for a couple hours thinking it might just be super dead, but that still didn't work. Yesterday I was using it mostly on battery power and I think it did die at one point but the problem started after I got home and plugged it back into AC power. I've also already tried an after market AC power supply and that didn't work either. When the power cable is plugged in there is no indication that it is charging, the orange battery light just continues to blink, and that is with both the charger that came with it and the aftermarket one. HELP.

Solution
I have the exact same laptop purchased new around Christmas 2015, with the exact same symptoms that you posted. I removed the back and removed the battery plug the power cable in and turned it on the BIOS was completely reset to defaults I accepted default settings save changes and let windows come up all the way then did a shutdown. Then put the battery back in and rebooted and reconfigured the BIOS this time and saved changes. And let windows come up again, then did another shut down. And put the back back on and everything works great now!
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do start by testing your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter if you have another one that has the same voltage.
- Next is to reseat the RAM's, take them all off then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- You'll also need to take off the battery for troubleshooting purposes and connect just it's AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If all these will not work you may need to contact Toshiba Support for a repair.

will39

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

will39

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I have the exact same laptop purchased new around Christmas 2015, with the exact same symptoms that you posted. I removed the back and removed the battery plug the power cable in and turned it on the BIOS was completely reset to defaults I accepted default settings save changes and let windows come up all the way then did a shutdown. Then put the battery back in and rebooted and reconfigured the BIOS this time and saved changes. And let windows come up again, then did another shut down. And put the back back on and everything works great now!

Solution