Satellitle and local TV channels

amisfitlife

Estimable
Mar 12, 2018
have dish network and had local channels added to my plan. I have now removed local channels. I have a coaxial cable tv antenna with a 50 mile range. Is their a way to connect the antenna to my dish box and recieve local channels off my satellite.
I know I can just hook up the antenna and run it through my TV but I can't view all of the local channels that way because of signal strength.

Solution
Since you no longer pay for them DISH isn't sending you local channels over the satellite.
If your sat box has an local antenna connection you can connect your antenna to it. You will probably need to run a channel scan as you would with the TV tuner.
Regardless of whether you connect the antenna to the TV or the sat box you aren't getting your locals from the satellite.
If the tuner in the sat box is more sensitive than the one in the TV you might get more channels. The sat box might also combine the local channels with their program guide..
Since you no longer pay for them DISH isn't sending you local channels over the satellite.
If your sat box has an local antenna connection you can connect your antenna to it. You will probably need to run a channel scan as you would with the TV tuner.
Regardless of whether you connect the antenna to the TV or the sat box you aren't getting your locals from the satellite.
If the tuner in the sat box is more sensitive than the one in the TV you might get more channels. The sat box might also combine the local channels with their program guide..

Solution