Say Bye To Old Yahoo As Bing Takes Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Yahoo is becoming a media company now with a search powered by microsoft. Yahoo is no longer a tech company.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
All right, my old Yahoo email account has been becoming more and more annoying to use. I think it's time to cut the loss and stick to gmail. I like minimalistic, and this is becoming complicated.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]counselmancl[/nom]Bing is powered by the souls of the dammed.[/citation]
They are powered by the souls of the things being restrained?

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
YAY!!!!
I have hated Yahoo for years...
Why? Because, at some point in time thier website was so incredibly over cluttered with ads and crap it drove me away.

For year's I've used google because... well look at the main page. It's not incredibly annoying is it? I couldn't say the same for Yahoo back when I first started using google.

Yahoo killed themselves, just like RealPlayer, and don't even get me started on that malware/virus like sh*t software.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]Yahoo is becoming a media company now with a search powered by microsoft. Yahoo is no longer a tech company.[/citation]
Yep. Yahoo uses Bing search and Microsoft adCenter ads? I'm guessing Yahoo just gets a cut of the profits like anyone else. Still, makes me wonder what Yahoo has left going for it. Pretty soon, Yahoo! will replace whatever it was Microsoft was trying to do with MSN, only instead of $44bil in the bank, they'll have no clear business strategy, just like MSN.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]chrisjust98[/nom]So since it's powered by Bing, then isn't that the same as using Bing only with the Yahoo logo and yahoo ad-spam, clutter, and other anti-minimalist crap etc across the page?[/citation]

Fixed/answered.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Yep. Yahoo uses Bing search and Microsoft adCenter ads? I'm guessing Yahoo just gets a cut of the profits like anyone else. Still, makes me wonder what Yahoo has left going for it. Pretty soon, Yahoo! will replace whatever it was Microsoft was trying to do with MSN, only instead of $44bil in the bank, they'll have no clear business strategy, just like MSN.[/citation]
Yahoo had no clear business strategy before. Now, they're focusing on just being a media company. So, Yahoo will make all their money off the ads you look at while viewing all the news they will offer.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]bing likes to cut out links for no reason what so ever....I'm not a fan. I guess I'll start using google....[/citation]

WTH are you talking about?

I've had 0 problems with Bing and I've used it since day 1.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I feel no need to switch from Google. It's simple, doesn't have annoying backgrounds, and isn't run by Microsoft. How can I lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.