Say No to a Body Scan and Face 'Intimate' Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Neither. I'd rather contribute to the collapse of the airline industry by finding alternate means of travel.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Every single person in this country should opt out of the body scanning. Nothing will change if it is just random people here and there but TSA cannot possibly perform an "intimate" body search on every single person that passes through these checkpoints. They will be overwhelmed. They will HAVE to change.

This is the sort of thing that we CAN accomplish but we ALL have to do it. Everyone has to participate. Put your foot down! Let your voice be heard!

purist

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I'm a big fan of making travel safe. But air travel has been a pretty safe way to get around since the late seventies. After the unpleasantness of September 2001 security became far more intrusive There is no evidence that it has improved security, though I accept that this is hard to show.

Unfortunately the trend is now to increase the intrusiveness of security even without further attacks. This is hardly reasonable.

However, this new scanner is not intrusive. It is simply a better screening method than was previously available. The old metal detectors required me to be patted down fairly regularly as they "beep" for no apparent reason. This scanner might fix that and get me to my plane faster. The first new security measure that offers me something. Nice.

G

yeah down with the scanned blow my plane up....

scan my balls see if i care, why are you guys so caught up about safty.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
as long as the body scan is done by a qualified agent of the same sex as the individual being scanned than i personally dont see what the problem is.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
people act like the security people are fapping it while you walk through, stop assuming the worst! assuming the worst might be more fun and get more attention, but its not healthy! its a security measure, nothing more, can we more on now?

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
You people are ridiculous. They're not taking a naked picture of you, they're practically doing an MRI. I'd have no problem doing one of these scans. In fact, if you people care about national security, you should want everyone to go through these scans. There are weapons that can't be picked up on metal detectors and won't be sniffed out by dogs. Typical Americans, want everything but won't accommodate to anything.

G

This is foolish paranoia. We are fighting a war against radical extremist who want to imprint their ideals. This is just a win for the radicals who enjoy seeing our freedom of privacy disappear. I wouldn't even want to have these machines anyway if there was another 9-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.