Say No to Drunk Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I think if you're stupid enough to post something on facebook then you deserve whatever consequences occur from that. It would be the equivalent of telling your boss off at the office christmas party. Let the drunkards do what they want, I say :)

didymus03

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
^ I agree with Mottamort. If people are so inclined to "free" themselves from their own inhibitions, then let them experience the consequences; be they good or bad.

K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Why is it a good thing that everyone will know you are "too drunk" to post? Isn't that the same as making a drunk statement? Albeit less consequences, everyone still knows you are too drunk to post.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I for one enjoy laughing at people's drunken attempts to post. This could limit that enjoyment. Damn you Webroot!

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Pretty cool, but won't help those of us who drink a whole 5th of vodka, build a system from components and get it to the point one can play Call of Duty. I'm pretty sure those kinds of people could figure out how to turn off this "protection" and keep posting a-hole comments. I like being the Russian while playing "Der Riese".

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The issue with sites like Facebook is that anonymity went out the window the moment you "friended" someone. It's not like you're ranting anonymously on a video game chat or on IRC. When you post something there it's like saying it in real life in terms of consequences. There is no sobriety test application for you if you're drinking with your boss or co-workers, relatives and friends. It comes down to both the drunk individual to be responsible and for others to understand when that person is past the point of reason. Most adults have either gone ahead and done stomething stupid when drunk, or been witness to it.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Im not under d affluence of incohol as some tinkle peep.Im not half as thunk as u drink.I fool so feelish and da drunker i stand here da longer i get...

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Drunk texting is dangerous your boss is dangerous (luckily mine seems to have a good sense of humor).
Now with Facebook, everybody gets to see what you say, possibly even more dangerous.

Don't drink and type, m'kay. (But for some reason, I'm a better gamer when drunk)

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Ever heard of Gmail's Mail Goggles?

Anyways- It'd be pretty funny to see "So and so is too intoxicated to post right now" 20 times in a row filling up the Top News panel...

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
You know how they say "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," right? Well, with Facebook and its mobile and Places features. You can kiss that goodbye because people obviously will post from their phones and obviously be drunk at the time. Now if a mobile version comes out of this, that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.