Say What? Google Patents Its Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Well Im guna patent the design of my house, the design of my computer, and some other stuff that no one cares about

G

Stupid patent laws. Now I don't want anybody steeling somebody's else ideas, but this case proves that the patent system is broken.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Does this mean I can patent how I arrange my computer desk? Monitor in the middle, speakers on either side, keyboard in front of monitor, mouse to right of keyboard, and tower under my desk. Anyone who wants to arrange their desk like that will need to pay me.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
It is my sincere hope that Google has patented it in the pursuit of protecting itself form some other random schmoe from doing the same and then trying to sue Google. Unfortunately this opens the door for them to knock out anyone else they may see as a threat later on. I don't like it but we will see what happens.

hunter315

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Now they can actually go after people making fake google search engine homepages, i doubt they are going to go hunting for every violation but just like SciFi and its name change now they can actually do something if someone blatantly infringes.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Hell, you can basically patent anything in the States, there should be rules against these generic terms/arrangements/layouts/etc...

Next thing you know, scientists patent water because they can put two hydrogen on an oxygen element.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
our patent system is broken and corrupt and costing all of us a lot of money... it needs major reform/overhaul, but which of our outdated systems does not. this is what happens when you have the best government money can buy...

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I think Google is just covering their buts here. I highly doubt they want to sue anyone. They just want to make sure some crappy little no name company doesnt sue them in the district court of Eastern Texas.

G

This is total bullshit. Patent law is such crap. Screw Google.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
As if it doesnt look as bad looks the MSDos compared to Win7 or something. Seriously Google is the MSDos of the net. So old and traditionally boring anymore..

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I'll patent all the English letters and numeric digits... guess am first to that \^_^/ I'll sue anyone who uses them without written notice from me and I"LL MAKE LOTSA MONEI

no more comments... AM SERIOUS... I"LL SUE

Status
Not open for further replies.