SB Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio / Logitech Z5500 / windows 10 - sound problems (5.1 surround not working) with pictures

Marius_1

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for your patience, I would not have written this post obviously if I would have found the solution but I tried to google until I ran out of patience and I decided to write this post and attach pictures as well...

I have the following configuration...

Speakers: Logitech Z5500 with the input: Direct 96-24 and the effect: 6 Channel Direct
Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

ok so my problem is...I've set up my settings as best as I could have but I couldn't manage to get 5.1 sound...I understand that if the audio is not recorded in 5.1 it won't play 5.1 but regardless the quality I know it can be playin 5.1 because the speakers played 5.1 for more than 5 years and on my previous OS'es (I rly couldnt tell the quality difference because whether its 720 kbps or 520 or 320 kbps honestly it's all in the detail) - so how do I force them to play 5.1 again ?

past solutions:

I have noticed that for example if I install an older version of flash, I currently have the latest 18, but if I install 11 or something it wont interfere with CMSS 3D settings and I hear sound from youtube for example in all 5 of my speakers...however, using and older version of flash affects my experience with videos and everything on the web, it crashes a lot and it's not worth it, I don't want to go there again...

winamp plays songs on all 5 of my speakers because it's not limited on 2 channels, it forwards the message on all channels... however I want to configure my pc to force the sound on all 5 of them and not manually config every time I want to play from different sources (youtube for example, of a media player, or whatever like this)

p.s when I test them on windows sounds (the test thingy... sound comes on all 5 flawlessly)

I attach the pictures as follows

http://postimg.org/gallery/fuiklbs4/43975ae2/

that is my configuration... I don't know what else to do...

thank you in advance for everybody's patience, I am looking forward to hearing from you soon..
thank you one more time..

Marius_1

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

na sir, it happened on win 8 as well... I mean... i said it before... players like winamp do play 5.1 and I get sound on all speakers, all my drivers are up to date, and all my settings are on 5.1, I've tested them all...when I hit test speakers the sound pops out, taking turns on all 6 (including the woofer)...

however, when I play youtube I get sound only on front left and right and woofer... that is it... if i were to downgrade to flash version 11 or something it will work on all 5 of them... I've tried that on win 8, but it will crash a lot because of all the software updates...so is there a way to force the sound on all 5 of the speakers on everything ? youtube and everything thats sends signal just to 2 channels... even if that means reducing the quality or something...

it just depends on how the original audio was recorded... if it was recorded for 5.1, it will play on all speakers, as i've tested this before...

so bottom line is... everything is up to date, software related (drivers, everything)
when I test it with windows test, all 5 work + the subwoofer
when I play radio stations or songs on winamp sound comes on all 5
when I play on youtube or everything that is browser based, I hear only on front left and right

is there a way to fix this ?

thx in advance

AresTechWizard

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

I don't think so.... You might have to go on a driver hunt. My pc only recognises my surround headset as stereo, despite having drivers. Youtube itself does not support surround unfortunately because of Flash, it also wont go over 18K hertz hearing.

- Ares

Govienda

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUZXRYroZM