Scan a USB drive with an Android phone

Simply_Q

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
I am trying to find out if it's possible to do virus scanning of USB drives from an Android phone. I can read the files with no issues (with an adapter, of course), but I need to find out is if the drives are clean.

I've done some web searches which have come up empty and a little testing which weren't conclusive or always had to scan the phone first/as well, I just want to be able to select the USB drive like I do on a PC.

Any suggestions?

Solution

I doubt it from an android phone, the antivirus is not powerful enough to deal with PC designed malware etc. Did you try formatting your USB drives? That's a sure fire way of knowing they are clean. Of course you lose all of your data. But if you have any popular antivirus on your PC, it...

Rob_91

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

I doubt it from an android phone, the antivirus is not powerful enough to deal with PC designed malware etc. Did you try formatting your USB drives? That's a sure fire way of knowing they are clean. Of course you lose all of your data. But if you have any popular antivirus on your PC, it should be set to automatically check any usb drive you stick in, or at least give you the option to . From there, you would know if it is infected or whatever and address your issue. I recommend ESET (free 30 day full trial) or Kaspersky, both have USB drive scanning. I would not recommend using an android phone for detection of outside risks, like a USB stick.

Solution