Scan file with...

csukar

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
How do i change which antivirus is used to scan a file when you right click?
It said scan with microsoft security essentials, i no longer needed security essentials so i uninstalled it, now there is no option to scan a file what so ever.
I'm using Malwarebytes and emsisoft.

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
Neither are true antivirus, and you're probably not using the full feature version, just the freeware which is only passive protection. They don't let you actively scan files, because they aren't constantly running. I would either get MSE reinstalled for active protection, or another AV program, there are several good free ones, MSE, AVG, Avast are just a few.

Did you purchase the full Emsisoft Internet Security Package? If not, then it appears you only have the Anti-Malware package from them (30 day free trial for anti-virus). Even if you did, that does not mean they give you the option to scan a single download file.

If you didn't purchase Emsisoft Internet Security, your best bet would be to go back to Windows Security Essentials (and Malware-Byte).

-Wolf sends

csukar

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I've got the full version of malware bytes and the trial for emsisoft, they both have a file scanner but i have to go into the gui and browse for a file to scan rather than right click and choose scan this file, I'm sure that it used to give me the option to scan with malware bytes before i installed security essentials, unless i'm mistaken.

Could be something that Emsisoft has over-written (to entice you to purchase). I just verified that when I right-click a downloaded file (in my download folder), I have the option to scan with either MalwareBytes or my anti-virus software (Zone Alarm).

-Wolf sends