scary service mode

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I just found out how to put my Samsung into service mode, and good
lord, there must be about 150 separate adjustments in there.

I found a test pattern and discovered that my screen geometry was not
nearly as good as I thought it was... totally making wide spots where
the bright patches are, distorting horizontal lines at the corners, all
kinds of horrible stuff. Yet I did not see the pincushioning of
verticals that I expected -- which is the one geometry error that I
sometimes notice in real viewing, particularly when pillarboxing gives
you a nice vertical to notice it on. Of course, the set hadn't been on
very long and so may have still been cold...

Don't worry, no way am I going to mess with trying to adjust anything.

In the meantime, I tried to fight back against the evil power of
television by installing Half-Life 2, only to be told that my CD key
was already owned by someone else even though I bought it brand new.
 

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
9
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Unless your cd key has to go over the internet (which it shouldn't) how
does the computer know it's been used?

Take it back to the store and exchange it if you want...could be it was
re-wrapped.

Eddie G
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

can you tell us how do put the samsung into service mode?
thanks
tsoglan

<paul-NOZPAM@paulkienitz.net> wrote in message
news:1102598243.396581.229630@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I just found out how to put my Samsung into service mode, and good
> lord, there must be about 150 separate adjustments in there.
>
> I found a test pattern and discovered that my screen geometry was not
> nearly as good as I thought it was... totally making wide spots where
> the bright patches are, distorting horizontal lines at the corners, all
> kinds of horrible stuff. Yet I did not see the pincushioning of
> verticals that I expected -- which is the one geometry error that I
> sometimes notice in real viewing, particularly when pillarboxing gives
> you a nice vertical to notice it on. Of course, the set hadn't been on
> very long and so may have still been cold...
>
> Don't worry, no way am I going to mess with trying to adjust anything.
>
> In the meantime, I tried to fight back against the evil power of
> television by installing Half-Life 2, only to be told that my CD key
> was already owned by someone else even though I bought it brand new.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

micked...@comcast.net wrote:

> Unless your cd key has to go over the internet (which it shouldn't)

It does.

> how does the computer know it's been used?
>
> Take it back to the store and exchange it if you want...could be it
was
> re-wrapped.

It turns out that this is happening to tons of people with this game;
apparently pirates have been generating and registering fake CD keys in
large numbers, enough to knock out a significant percentage of the
legitimate keys that haven't even been bought yet.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
raja83kumar Streaming Video & TVs 0
cgsuresh Streaming Video & TVs 3
lynad10 Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 6
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 16
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 30
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 115
Marcus Yam Streaming Video & TVs 24

ASK THE COMMUNITY