Schmidt: Apple Reponds with Lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I've now gone through patent '647 and looked closely at the "infringing" points.
Basically, they decsribe ANY mobile computing device.
"The method recited in claim 15, wherein the memory contains strings, and wherein the step of detecting a structure further comprises the steps of retrieving a string from the memory and scanning the data to identify the string."
String handling. coz emails should just be MS paint drawn pictures...unless you have an Apple product, then you can use text.

bullshit. HTC and Google will take this one if there is ANY sense in the judges head.

Neverdyne

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
One has to really consider if the current patent structure is still beneficial for innovation or, well, just retarded. I am guessing the people who accept these patents do not have the knowledge or expertise to understand what is being patented. There should be a more robust screening process to detect retarded patents and leave them out; a process where true, innovative patents are accepted to protect their owner's efforts.

G

Yeah it is bullshit. It is like a patent about how to "breath". I can "breath", and I have to "breath" then these people come up and say that I am infringing their patent. FXck you apple.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
[citation][nom]neverdyne[/nom]One has to really consider if the current patent structure is still beneficial for innovation or, well, just retarded.[/citation]

There was a short lived movement to eliminate software patents because large companies would just cross license patents and shut out new innovations. That is why these software patents are so general and vague. Good luck getting our government to fix this....

I don't vote anymore...I feel that it is a waste of time. Our elections are only a simulation designed to fool you into thinking that America is a democracy. You get to choose, so that' makes it a democracy right? Wrong! The big corporations are running the USA now.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
HTC.. You already pay your licensing fee to Microsoft.. Just suck it up and pay Apple what you owe them. ;P As much as it has to suck.

Neverdyne

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]wt_ckt[/nom]Yeah it is bullshit. It is like a patent about how to "breath". I can "breath", and I have to "breath" then these people come up and say that I am infringing their patent. FXck you apple.[/citation]

iBreath

G

This is as stupid as Apple trying to sue Amazon for call it an "App Store". Hey Apple...newsflash, you don't own everything, and no one cares! Think Android is gonna sue you for ripping off their ideas in you iOS5? (Notification Bar anyone?)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]TEAMSWITCHER[/nom]There was a short lived movement to eliminate software patents because large companies would just cross license patents and shut out new innovations. That is why these software patents are so general and vague. Good luck getting our government to fix this....I don't vote anymore...I feel that it is a waste of time. Our elections are only a simulation designed to fool you into thinking that America is a democracy. You get to choose, so that' makes it a democracy right? Wrong! The big corporations are running the USA now.[/citation]

the choice is how it happens, with or without lube.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
[citation][nom]TEAMSWITCHER[/nom] That is why these software patents are so general and vague.
Our elections are only a simulation designed to fool you into thinking that America is a democracy. You get to choose, so that' makes it a democracy right? Wrong! The big corporations are running the USA now.[/citation]
For the first point, look at RAMBUS. If they had been just a little more vague, they could have killed the PCI Express bus. Their basic patent involved a serial channel to memory. If they had written it to include serial channels between computer devices, they would own the PCI-e bus.

Second point: the USA is not a democracy. It never was. We are a democratic republic. Big difference.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]TEAMSWITCHER[/nom]There was a short lived movement to eliminate software patents because large companies would just cross license patents and shut out new innovations. That is why these software patents are so general and vague. Good luck getting our government to fix this....I don't vote anymore...I feel that it is a waste of time. Our elections are only a simulation designed to fool you into thinking that America is a democracy. You get to choose, so that' makes it a democracy right? Wrong! The big corporations are running the USA now.[/citation]
Or you can vote for a third party.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]What lawsuit? The one where Apple lost $953 or whatever to a South Korean man?[/citation]
Some little turd thumbed you down for the truth, I put you at 0 again. Watch out, there are a bunch of little trolls who probably still live in the mom's basement at this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.