Scientist Builds Self-Filling Water Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Sounds better than re-drinking urine.[/citation]You actually might be drinking the result of evaporated urine. Water has to come from somewhere

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Sounds better than re-drinking urine.[/citation]
Something other than snot just came out of my nose.

jake2447

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Something other than snot just came out of my nose.[/citation]

Was it the urine you had been drinking while reading this comment?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]we can learn a lot of bugs and animals.[/citation]

I think Sharp or some other company was using moths' eyes in their research on developing a display that combined both the matte's anti-glare and the glossy's high contrast/quality characteristics.

The moths eyes' had nanocoating that allowed them to see well in the dark, without alerting every predator in a 1 mile radius.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]whimseh[/nom]Getting lazier and lazier all the time.Not enough energy to get up and grab a water bottle, or fill one up?[/citation]
And to think you reada tech news site, the one place where you should be excited to read all things new and tecchy.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]whimseh[/nom]Getting lazier and lazier all the time.Not enough energy to get up and grab a water bottle, or fill one up?[/citation]

19th century: "Water treatment with chlorine and filtering? Just boil the damn water!"

18th century: "Piped water? Is it really that hard to use a hand pump?"

17th century: "Hand pump? Why not just use the existing wells?"

Ancient time: "Wells? There's a lake nearby."

[citation][nom]everix[/nom]Great idea. Pull all of the water from the air so that it won't rain anymore.[/citation]

How about I toss you into a drought-stricken area or a desert?

And you would need a gigantic (and possibly inefficient) water plant to dry out the local climate.[/citation]

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Tell that to the people in other countries without easy access to water whom often die of dehydration! DBag

G

All jokes aside, this is very interesting stuff guys.

Stuff like this makes me proud to be a human being. Amazing...

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I think this will have a profound impact in desert areas where clean drinking water is very hard to find. Props to the scientists, but lets just hope someone doesn't pull an Apple & prevent anyone else from using this technology.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
"support people who possibly take long trips on yachts"

yeah, don't think they'll be using this, plenty of bottled water and reverse osmosis on their YACHT

Super_Nova

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]technogiant[/nom]Hi, I'm a Namib desert beetle and I'm going to sue your human ar$es for breach of patent.[/citation]

Sorry, but Apple had a patent before you. Expect to see a can of lawyers on your porch one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.