Scientists Use LEDs to Create 800 Mbit/s Optical WLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]As an avid anime-goer, the Tuan Mai's nonchalant use of VLC has me thoroughly befuddled.[/citation]

But I think VLC (the video player) will not sue VLC (the WLAN) unlike some fruit brand company fighting for the right for the name "Axpstore" (I have to censored it with an x because I don't want lawsuit).

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Nick_C[/nom]".... optical WLAN based off of conventional ...."surely that should be "based on"?[/citation]

It is weird to read, and it does sound unusual to hear but it is correct. May not be the best way to phrase it, but I have definitely heard it used in the media before.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]As an avid anime-goer, the Tuan Mai's nonchalant use of VLC has me thoroughly befuddled.[/citation]VLC is terrible for anime soft subtitles.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Im up on some ideas of wired systems of them. But obviously as said, of say a wireless system of them is probably more favorable. Just dont like into them for to long to say.

But for the speeds, anyone one part is more of just that then many, yes?

Still, though, Alot of practical and none prctical places though.

Also, Wired being used loosely though to, but not so much. Yes? Again, a place of debate for differences, yes?

[citation][nom]geof2001[/nom]Why use visible light then?[/citation]
If they used ultraviolet, people would sue them for causing sunburns?

My guess is that equipment to emit visible light is common and well-distributed in offices and other working environments, so you get to piggy-back off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.